Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Table[B5108} RPM Spark Multiplier ???'s

Default Table[B5108} RPM Spark Multiplier ???'s

This doesn't seem right. Table B5108 the IAT says(link.SAE.RPM) and RPM(link.SAE.IAT)
    In my data log it reads 82 degrees F and 4600 RPM but in the table it's highlighted at 248 degrees F and 0 RPM
    I'm logging both SAE.IAT & SAE.RPM PIDS.....
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	E38 RPM Spark Multiplier 2.png 
Views:	251 
Size:	216.6 KB 
ID:	6318  
    2008 2WD Ext.Cab Silverado 1500 6.0 V-MAX E38(L76) & T42(4L70E) MAF Only CL Corvette Servo AFE CAI INNOVATIVE LM-2 WBO2

FLASHSCAN V2 & AUTOCAL

lol.....

I get 0 RPM and 120'C IAT......

I normally sanity check the highlighted cells though, as I've seen them off a few times. Normally it's when I have more than one copy of Tune Tool open to compare different settings from different tunes. In this case though, it doesn;t seem to work with only one copy of Tune tool open.

Simon

Yeah, I was trying to figure out why in the my Tune I'm commanding 23-25 degrees of timing but in the Scan tool it always shows 5-12 degrees more...
    2008 2WD Ext.Cab Silverado 1500 6.0 V-MAX E38(L76) & T42(4L70E) MAF Only CL Corvette Servo AFE CAI INNOVATIVE LM-2 WBO2

FLASHSCAN V2 & AUTOCAL

There are a few tables that can alter timing. You could always post the tune and a log and I'll have a look.

Simon

Ill post the tune and a log later today...
    Maybe i'm not logging the right Pids for Cam Phaser timing or Minimum final timing...IDK
    Last edited by GAMEOVER; September 27th, 2009 at 11:29 AM.

FLASHSCAN V2 & AUTOCAL

Quote Originally Posted by GAMEOVER View Post
    This doesn't seem right. Table B5108 the IAT says(link.SAE.RPM) and RPM(link.SAE.IAT)
    In my data log it reads 82 degrees F and 4600 RPM but in the table it's highlighted at 248 degrees F and 0 RPM
    I'm logging both SAE.IAT & SAE.RPM PIDS.....
    I've run into the same issue tonight looking over some logs from the track. In B5108 the axis are backwards in the cal_link.txt file. Not to mention all of the spark tables for E67s (I'm using OS 12618164 in particular) still refrence E38.APCYL_DMA which is a bit frustrating since I can only log E67.APCYL_DMA with black box logging. I also noticed that intake valve temp tables are linked to E38.INVLVTMP_DMA in an E67 OS, I'm not sure how critical that is? I've manually changed my cal_link.txt file to get it all to work but was hoping this could be addressed in a near future update?

Quote Originally Posted by JAY4SPEED View Post
    I've run into the same issue tonight looking over some logs from the track. In B5108 the axis are backwards in the cal_link.txt file. Not to mention all of the spark tables for E67s (I'm using OS 12618164 in particular) still refrence E38.APCYL_DMA which is a bit frustrating since I can only log E67.APCYL_DMA with black box logging. I also noticed that intake valve temp tables are linked to E38.INVLVTMP_DMA in an E67 OS, I'm not sure how critical that is? I've manually changed my cal_link.txt file to get it all to work but was hoping this could be addressed in a near future update?
    Yeah, I had to manually change my cal_link.txt file to make it work also! There were a couple of other table's in the cal_link.txt file that were not right, but i fixed them and everything is finally working good.

FLASHSCAN V2 & AUTOCAL

Quote Originally Posted by swingtan View Post
    There are a few tables that can alter timing. You could always post the tune and a log and I'll have a look.

Simon
    Simon,
    I finally figured out were the extra timing was coming from "cam phasing" at certain points it would add up to 15 degrees but I had to add the cam phasing table/file into my cal_link.txt file, it wasn't there!... I also changed the cal_link.txt for IAT vs RPM Spark Multiplier and the tune tool & scan tool finally link right! The ROW & COL in the cal_link.txt file was backwards...
    Last edited by GAMEOVER; October 5th, 2009 at 03:14 AM.

FLASHSCAN V2 & AUTOCAL

As handy as the cal_link.txt file is, it tends to be like a high maintenance girlfriend, really cool to show off to your mates, but always causes problems so one day it will have to be replaced with something better
    Version 8 software will have a better implementation of this file that will get around the sort of problems you see (like the PID names E38_DMA v's E67_DMA). Manual of editing of the cal_link.txt is the solution at the moment.
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Quote Originally Posted by GMPX View Post
    As handy as the cal_link.txt file is, it tends to be like a high maintenance girlfriend, really cool to show off to your mates, but always causes problems so one day it will have to be replaced with something better
    Same could be said of forced induction
    Get EFILive in europe (http://www.efilive.eu).
    2007 Escalade ESV L92 6.2L VVT.
    2014 VF SV LS3 Maloo.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast