Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Duramax Programming

Default Duramax Programming

NEWS FLASH!
    LLY Beta applications now being taken.
    Applications close on November 28th, so be quick.
    See below on how to apply.....

FINALLY A DURAMAX PC PROGRAMMER

EFILive is pleased to announce that we are currently looking for people to participate in our PC based Duramax Diesel ECM programming beta test program.
    Initially EFILive will offer support for the LB7 Duramax motor (2001 - 2004), so if you own or work with these engines then you may qualify to join
    us in our beta test program.
    Although early 'in field' testing has already begun, the beta test program will 'officially' start just after SEMA. Are you coming to SEMA? if yes
    then checkout our Duramax PC based tuner first hand at SEMA/AAPEX Booth #34034 with AutoTap.

EFILive's Duramax programming opens the world to untapped power from this awesome 6.6L V8, never before has anybody offered such a detailed tuning solution to the Duramax market.
    No more add on boxes fooling the ECM, no need to 'stack', no more unwanted check engine lights, with EFILive you have complete control with over 100 parameters and tables to alter directly in the ECM from injection timing, injection amount (both pilot and main) for more power and better MPG, plus of course the simple things like VATS bypass, tire/speedo rescaling and the ability to change many diagnostic fault code parameters like overboost and DTC enablers.
    Workshops will appreciate the option to lock ECM's from other tuners being able to read or write to the ECM, this includes the GM dealers!. Lock reversal and programming standard programs back into the ECM is a quick 40 second operation.
    Team our awesome editor up with the best scantool on the market that includes features like the ability to log up to 25 mins of data without a laptop, built in EGT input that is logged alongside the engine data and you have a Duramax tuning and scanning solution rivalled by no other.
    But if that's not enough, prices start from just $699 which will allow you to program any two vehicles EFILive supports (Duramax or LS1), then after that, additional vehicle programming licenses can be purchased via Email for under $100 with a maximum of 25 per cable.
    Over the last year EFILive has taken LS1 tuning and scanning to a new level, now it's time for the Duramax!.

We are looking for all levels of users to help us get the product tailored to all spectrums of the market before it's public release.
    The LB7 package is expected to be on sale at the start of December 2005, with the LLY to follow within a few months.
    To initially qualify you must answer yes to all these questions -

1 - Do you own or have unlimited access to an LB7 Duramax that you will be willing to program?.
    2 - Do you have at least a basic understanding of Diesel tuning and have an EGT probe?.
    3 - Do you own a laptop with a USB port and have good general PC knowledge?.
    4 - Do you finally want to get rid of plug in modules and generic one size fits all tunes from your truck?.
    5 - You are prepared to purchase the EFILive product (if not already owned) to conduct the beta testing with.
    6 - You are prepared to sign and return a non-compete and confidentiality agreement with EFILive.

If yes to all the above, then please send an Email to - betadiesel@efilive.com with a brief bio of yourself or your company, all Emails will be treated
    confidentially. Applications close on the 22nd of October, so be quick.

** LB7 Beta test applications are now closed **

Here's a taste of what is in store for all Duramax tuners come December.....

Thank you,
    Ross Myers
    EFILive LTD

Modifying the Main Fuelling table:

Easy to see differences between two different tunes:

Ever wondered what was going on with your boost?:

Turn on/off all Fault codes in the ECM:

Broaden the error tolerance for common fault codes:

Easy drop down options for changing tire sizes:

Failsafe programming takes under 40 seconds:

Fully customisable 'themed' dashboards when scanning (LS1 Log shown):

Or view logged data in the chart viewer (LS1 Log shown):

Wow! I know squat about diesels, but have been impressed with them ever since I saw a vid of a 10 sec pickup truck. Great looking dash pages! What's next, hybrids?
    World's First Twin Screw Pontiac GTO
    2004 GTO. Blown H/C 408, stage 3 keyboard, billet tires
    2017 Chevy SS with dead hooker is spacious trunk
    2014 Chevy Cruze. MPG queen with my balls in spacious glove compartment.

www.aussiemotive.com

Quote Originally Posted by mistermike
    What's next, hybrids?
    No, 1998's next.....err, hang on, didn't we get them done, oh well, onto something else then.

Cheers,
    Ross
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Man I have enough to learn with LS1 double overtime with duramax now

Oh it's easy.......
    More fuel, more boost.......pick up bits off the ground.

Cheers,
    Ross
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

foff667

Quote Originally Posted by GMPX
    Oh it's easy.......

Cheers,
    Ross

:lol: at least jesse offers up some initial tunes...I'd like to see some of those before/after dyno numbers cuz that diesel tuning looks um...different

Quote Originally Posted by foff667
    Oh it's easy.......

Cheers,
    Ross

:lol: at least jesse offers up some initial tunes...I'd like to see some of those before/after dyno numbers cuz that diesel tuning looks um...different
    It's not so much the HP numbers (though some are way up there), it's torque, well over 1,000ft-lbs at those low Diesel RPM's.
    Since doing the Duramax project I have a new found respect for Turbo Diesels.

Cheers,
    Ross

Lifetime Member

Any sites available so we can start reading up about diesel tuning what to do and what not to do for starters
    EFILive - The Single version of the Truth

Larry - HumpinSS

Amazon is your friend....
    The best Diesel forum is this one -
    http://dieselplace.com/forum/index.php

US Patents site has some great info too, just search for Isuzu, they did all the diesel work for GM.

Cheers,
    Ross

... just search for Isuzu, they did all the diesel work for GM.

Cheers,
    Ross
    I hope it wasn't "Joe Isuzu" :lol:
    World's First Twin Screw Pontiac GTO
    2004 GTO. Blown H/C 408, stage 3 keyboard, billet tires
    2017 Chevy SS with dead hooker is spacious trunk
    2014 Chevy Cruze. MPG queen with my balls in spacious glove compartment.

www.aussiemotive.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast