Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tuning LBZ Elevated Idle

Default Tuning LBZ Elevated Idle

Ok, here is my problem. The LLY's have a spot in the tuning software where you are able to tune the elevated idle. This is somthing that I like to do with my trucks as it simply put raises the oil pressure up to a spot that makes me feel better.

What I have done on the LLY's is tune it so at any temp the elevated idle increases to 900rpm. More or less, the truck always evelates the idle untill you step on the pedal, then it lowers it back to a safe range to sel

Problem:
    I just bought an 07 Classic and would like to tune it to ramp up the elevated idle all the time like my other trucks.

This table is not available on the LBZ tuning that I can find.

Is this an option that I can find elsewere in the tuning software????
    2007 GMC 2500HD CCSB

Bone Stock... I Swear

It's something we have been looking to add for a while, the necessary parameters will be added in at some stage.
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

That is the same reponce I that I just got from Cindy with EFI live. She said that the tables will be added hopfully later this year.
    2007 GMC 2500HD CCSB

Bone Stock... I Swear

Can it not be done with B0701? Desired base idle speed dependent on engine coolant temperature.
    or is that LMM specific?
    Stock 2006 LBZ

Not really the right table to mod. That would increase the total idle speed on the motor. Making that say 1200 rpm for instance would make the truck rather undriveable on the street as while your sitting at a light, it would be at 1200 rpm and trying to blow through the brakes.

What I am trying to do is just mod the elevated idle speed to make it idle up when the truck sits for like 30 seconds and the elevated idle would normally come on, then when you apply the brake, it will automaticlly decline allowing you to drive the truck normal.
    2007 GMC 2500HD CCSB

Bone Stock... I Swear

Mine no longer has elevated idle GM did away with it so thats all i have
    gonna try bumping it up a couple hundred rpm @ 156*f and see if that will help keep the temp up
    Stock 2006 LBZ

what year is your truck? I have not heard of any trucks that they have done away with the Elevated Idle on. Is it just not showing in your DIC?
    2007 GMC 2500HD CCSB

Bone Stock... I Swear

08 its not on the DIC there was a tsb for cold climates something to do with insufficent fluid flow below -30*C and it was killing trannys (i heard 4000 in alberta) so they got rid of it i guess IDK
    It was there last winter,truck was @ dealer in may, havent needed it since last winter and went to turn it on the other day and it was not on the DIC did some research and thats when i found out about the TSB
    Stock 2006 LBZ

It works for warming the truck up i have it set to ramp up to 1200 untill 156*F
    then back to norm
    Stock 2006 LBZ

Quote Originally Posted by Philbilly2 View Post
    That is the same reponce I that I just got from Cindy with EFI live. She said that the tables will be added hopfully later this year.
    Well, at least we gave you the same answer, so it must be true
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast