Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: LBZ DSP Beta1 Release

Question One issue noticed with dsp5 lbz

I don't know if I have done something wrong but for some reason my level 1 is with the switch turned all the way to the right and my level 5 is all the way to the left. I have installed a dsp in an lb7 and it was reverse from what I am having on my lbz.

Depends who designed the switch.
    The ECM is only monitoring the voltage produced by the switch.
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Talking

Well both switches came from Guy at Socal Diesel. Maybe I will shoot him an email and see what the problem is. Thanks for the quick response.

the newer switches are opposite reason i know is bought mine from Guy at SoCal. the newer switches are made just the opposite from the older is what Guy explained to me. all the way clockwise is full tune 1 left is stock then so on...........

it will depend on the tune too. sometimes your base tune is your "level 5" tune. Most of my dsp tunes have the race as the base tune so when your dsp area needs a table from the base area, it has enough in it and not a too low value...
    12 Second LMM

Thanks guys for the clarification.

I HIGHLY recommend having your 'stock' or normal tune where the factory maps are. The DSP tunes are written to default to those maps should the switch go faulty or open circuit.
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Nope. That won't work. In order for the DSP5 tunes to have full effect, you need to hack away at the limit tables in the base tune. You need to have the race tune as base tune.

If the switch fails you are left in Race Mode. A good race tune works all around anyhow, so no big loss. If the switch fails during a competition event, it's best it defaults to race.
    2005/2007 DHRA Western Drag Champion
    Bonneville A/DT & B/DT Land Speed Record Holder, 197mph best speed.

Casper - 05 GMC 2500 Dmax LLY 10.59 @ 129, 916rwhp
    Big Blue - 04.5 GMC 3500SRW LLY 13.12 @ 104, 502rwhp sled puller
    Wendy - 06 GMC 2500 LBZ 12.50 @ 107.5 First LBZ into the 12's. 542rwhp.
    Blue Meanie - 02 Z06 11.40 @ 121 AFR H/C

What I meant was by all means remove the limiters that aren't in the DSP tables, but don't have the tune that commands 5000uS of injection in the standard maps section

I've done the updates but haven't updated the ECM to the DSP OS. Now when I open a log with the Scan tool I can't save the logs. I normally save them after deleting the parts of the log I don't need and it also changes the date, so I can find it easier. Also now when I open a log 2 scan tool programs open, but the second one doesn't "exist". There isn't an extra window open just a extra tab in my lower tool bar. With the Scan tool emblem on it and no log name. When I try and close the blank tab both of them close. I had some trouble with the second down load for the BBL and BBR taking on the 3rd try it work though.

Here is a screen shot
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	EFI tool bar.jpg 
Views:	225 
Size:	221.7 KB 
ID:	6420  
    06 GMC 2500 CCSB SLT LBZ 4X4

These views expressed on this post are not my own, but rather randomly generated computer gibberish, and in no way should be used to judge the author's IQ or mental health.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast