Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dyno integration complete

Thumbs up Dyno integration complete

Well, October has been a big month already at EFILive with Black Box Reading released, the LBZ DSP2/5 custom OS's released and now we are pleased to show off our latest achievement, yet another first for the GM tuning industry.

Going back some years EFILive was the first to release a USB based scanner for the LS1 that allowed the user to log the voltage from a wideband controller using our V1 hardware. Whilst this works well it has some drawbacks with voltage offsets and noise which may result in inaccurate AFR readings.
    With the V2 hardware we were then able to introduce the logging of wideband controllers via the V2 hardware serial port. This completely eliminates problems of voltage offsets and noise issues.

Now we have gone many steps forward and have implemented total integration from the EFILive Scantool to the Dyno PC. This enhancement allows tuners to log dyno data within the EFILive scantool. Now you can log power figures, mixture data from gas analysers or any other device the Dyno PC is able to get inputs from. EFILive is also able to send the engine data back to the Dyno PC.

Most of these features are in the latest EFILive download as many have already noticed the new Dyno PID's, we expect a full stable release for both EFILive and the Mainline dyno PC to be out before we head off to SEMA.

Many thanks to the staff at Mainline / Dynolog for assisting with this project and Melbourne Performance Centre for allowing us to beat up on their car. We will be continuing to work with Dynolog on more exciting enhancements now that the dyno is talking to the scantool.

Below is the photo's of some real world testing of this enhancement.

All strapped on ready to make some noise.

The Mainline Dyno controller

And the end result, dyno data along side engine data
    Last edited by GMPX; October 7th, 2009 at 11:35 AM.
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Awesome work guys.
    I am heading down to Adelaide in two weeks & would love to get this going on Brads Mainline while I am down there.(If he will let me)
    Now to start working out some pids for the roadrunner.
    The Tremor at AIR

Between EFILive and Mainline we need to tidy a few things up in the software, minor stuff, it's really all 99% done, so hopefully within your two weeks time frame Mainline users will have the upgrade option available to them.
    For people using other dyno companies the specification for the data streams is published in the pdf document 'EFILive FlashScan Serial Protocol.pdf' in the V8 folder. We can certainly customise each data stream as needed, it's not 100% fixed in to what data is transmitted. So fingers crossed for you all that they want a piece of the action too.
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Will this lead into the MBL/MBT calibrating like what Donnon is doing with other software?
    The Tremor at AIR

Quote Originally Posted by 5.7ute View Post
    Will this lead into the MBL/MBT calibrating like what Donnon is doing with other software?
    Who?
    I believe Motec and maybe Autronic talk to the dyno too, not sure about other factory PCM tuning software.

Dynolog has some great ideas, but we won't let the cat out of the bag on those yet

OH NO!
    Another reason not buy the "other guys" hardware/software.
    512k RoadRunner Firmware 12.14R
    FlashScan V2 Bootblock V2.07.04 Firmware V2.07.22 EFILive V7.5.7 (Build 191) V8.2.1 (Build 181)
    LC-1 WBO2

The Tremor at AIR

Quote Originally Posted by 5.7ute View Post
    I'm not a member, I can't see it.

Quote Originally Posted by GMPX View Post
    I'm not a member, I can't see it.
    No stress. I should be able to write some pids that will do the same job with the roadrunner.
    Now to persuade Brad to get the update as soon as its available.(might take a couple of bottles though)
    The Tremor at AIR

Ross, how do you think this approach would work?
    First work out if any change has a positive or negative effect. To do this we make a pid for delta torque.
    DT = dx(torquepid,6)
    then we need to make a correction factor for the roadrunner pcm
    correction = iff(GM.KR<1,iff(DT>1,0.1,-0.2),-2)
    link this pid to the spark & fuel tables using the + operator & should be good to go.
    By starting the timing low & the AFR on the rich side it should safely work up to MBT &
    best AFR for the selected tables cell.
    The Tremor at AIR

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast