Thread: Custom adjustable integrated V2 mount!!!

Default Custom adjustable integrated V2 mount!!!

OK so I designed/built a custom mount for the EFILive Flashscan V2.

It gets hardwired into the truck with a hidden cable so all you have to do is drop the V2 into the cradle and its ready to go. Now the V2 wont go flying around the truck and you dont have to fiddle with plugging/unplugging it. Also, now the cord isnt dangling everywhere and hung over the steering column where your shin/knee hits it (the plug into the OBD port) and it gets caught in the shifter, etc...

Here are some pictures of the prototype/proof of concept. Installation is very easy, no cutting or drilling. Bolts right into existing screws behind the dash bezel, and the only "complicated" part is splicing the cable into the wires behind the OBD port.

The mount is fully adjustable and has a little ball socket on the back so it can be angled anyway you want. You drop the V2 in and squeeze the grip/clamp together. The grip/clamp holds the V2 very securely, its not going to go anywhere no matter how crazy you drive...

I can also make the cradles with a plug on the end of the cable for a true "plug and play" setup with no splicing.

For both installations, you snake the wire behind the dash panels and then down to where the OBD port is. Simple, and you cant see any wires.

Sorry these are crappy blackberry pics, and I dont have the wire routed behind the dash bezel yet but you get the idea. Also, the final version will be cleaned up a lot and have a black wire coming out of it so it doesnt stand out like the white wire in the prototype.

I will be making these and selling these, but I would like to get an idea of interest in this...who would like one???

ben
    2005 Silverado, CC/SB, 4x4, LT, LILLY/Allison
    12.9s @ 108 mph

many thanks to Ross and Paul

Is that a RAM mount Ben ?

http://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?t=12102

see my mount I just did. Ram mount with a custom base for the V2. I have pictures in the post can post pictures here from work