Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 13

Thread: V1 and licenses on 98 ECU?

  1. #1
    New Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    1

    Default V1 and licenses on 98 ECU?

    I saw this for V2 cables, but I have a V1 will it still give me unlimited licenses for 97/98 ecus?

    Unlimited tuning licenses for the LS1A 97-98 GEN III PCM is free with any FlashScan V2 purchase.

    If your FlashScan V2 does not have the LS1A stream activated, please "purchase" this product to receive your free LS1A activation code.

    Thanks,

  2. #2
    Lifetime Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    4,798

    Default

    All 97-98 LS1 controllers should be free to tune with either EFILive cable IIRC, let me pull my V1 out and see what it says.
    ~Erik~
    2013 Sonic RS Manual - 1.4L I4T E78, starting the mods
    2008 TrailBlazer SS 3SS AWD Summit White - LS2 E67/T42, bolt ons, suspension, etc.
    2002 Chevy TrailBlazer LT 4X4 Summit White - 4.2L I6 P10, lifted, wheels, etc.

  3. #3
    EFILive Developer Site Admin Blacky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    9,119

    Default

    That is true. You can tune unlimited 97/98 LS1 PCMs with V1 and V2 cable. The part about "purchasing" just means to go here and "purchase" the LS1A stream. The cost is $0.
    http://www.efilive.com/index.php?pag...mart&Itemid=56

    Regards
    Paul
    Before asking for help, please read this.

  4. #4
    EFILive Developer Site Admin Blacky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    9,119

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LibertySyclone View Post
    I saw this for V2 cables, but I have a V1 will it still give me unlimited licenses for 97/98 ecus?
    The V1 cables have the unlimited LS1A stream (i.e. 97/98 LS1) built in when they are manufactured.

    Regards
    Paul
    Before asking for help, please read this.

  5. #5
    Lifetime Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    4,798

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Blacky View Post
    The V1 cables have the unlimited LS1A stream (i.e. 97/98 LS1) built in when they are manufactured.

    Regards
    Paul
    Thats what I thought, thanks for refreshing my memory Paul.
    ~Erik~
    2013 Sonic RS Manual - 1.4L I4T E78, starting the mods
    2008 TrailBlazer SS 3SS AWD Summit White - LS2 E67/T42, bolt ons, suspension, etc.
    2002 Chevy TrailBlazer LT 4X4 Summit White - 4.2L I6 P10, lifted, wheels, etc.

  6. #6
    New Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    6

    Default

    Wish I had read this earlier.

  7. #7
    EFILive Developer Site Admin Blacky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    9,119

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kainedogg View Post
    Wish I had read this earlier.
    How come, did you accidentally purchase a VIN license for a 97/98 LS1?

    Regards
    Paul
    Before asking for help, please read this.

  8. #8
    Lifetime Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    328

    Default

    I'm sure it is just bad timing, but I also fell into the LS1A license issue about 3 weeks ago. I had heard that they were "free" but wasn't sure how it all worked. Luckily for the guy whose car I was doing, I had a couple extra licenses on my V2. That way I could still do his car. I figured at the time, that the V2 would just see it was an LS1A, and not use a license. Unfortunately, it appears that I didn't need to use any licenses, just upgrade my V2 with the LS1A stream. Lesson learned, but it would be nice to get that extra license back ...

  9. #9
    EFILive Developer Site Admin Blacky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    9,119

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by turbo_bu View Post
    I'm sure it is just bad timing, but I also fell into the LS1A license issue about 3 weeks ago. I had heard that they were "free" but wasn't sure how it all worked. Luckily for the guy whose car I was doing, I had a couple extra licenses on my V2. That way I could still do his car. I figured at the time, that the V2 would just see it was an LS1A, and not use a license. Unfortunately, it appears that I didn't need to use any licenses, just upgrade my V2 with the LS1A stream. Lesson learned, but it would be nice to get that extra license back ...
    If you send me the tune (*.tun) file from that LS1A vehicle and the license backup file (*.lbu) file from your V2, then I can get the VIN license refunded or replaced whichever you prefer. Plus send you the activation code for the LS1A if you don't have that already.
    Send the files to paul@efilive.com

    Regards
    Paul
    Before asking for help, please read this.

  10. #10
    Lifetime Member tokymon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    227

    Default

    is this the black box ( pick-up )files you're talking ? being free
    0r the lt-1
    97 2500 ecsb 5.7l/4l80e/4x4 411 pcm /thorley tri-y's/dual super 40's with x (catless)/aem cai/msd 6a and coil/zz4 cam/beehive spring/lm-1

    stock sucks

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Missing licenses!
    By Burnt_Bizcut00 in forum FlashScan V2
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: November 12th, 2009, 07:00 AM
  2. Transferring Licenses
    By 06Dmaxpwr in forum Duramax 06 LLY / 06+ LBZ & LMM
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: June 3rd, 2008, 08:37 AM
  3. v2 licenses question
    By 88s10 in forum FlashScan V2
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: April 12th, 2008, 03:57 PM
  4. VIN Licenses
    By schuter in forum Purchase and Shipping
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: March 18th, 2008, 08:59 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •