Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: 6L80 TM removal?

Quote Originally Posted by TBMSport View Post
    Yes, I understand diesels are easier to tune and make a highly profitable market to break into.
    My eye's were opened up to the Diesel performance market years ago, it's bigger than you might imagine and now that EFILive has established itself as the premiere tuning package for Diesels it must be nurtured.

Kudos on making that executive decision to boost cash flow. But what about the people who support EFIlive?
    Support or use? What do you mean support?

However, it's increasingly embarrassing and frustrating to be unable to do the simplest of increased performance mods because of a lack of uniform reference information on the software. The forum is nice, but a lot of the information is so scattered that it's a journey just to compile the data.
    Have you taken any of the courses that are on offer by numerous companies? We write software, not tune cars for a living.
    Does Microsoft teach you how to program a computer?
    Does Snap-On teach you how to rebuild an engine?
    No, like us, they provide the tools to do so. I have forgotten so much myself on the controllers because I don't work on them each day like tuners do.

Unreadable 2012 TCM file
    Sure, T43 again, you made it out like ALL 2012 models of anything weren't supported, that isn't the case. In fact the 2012 Camaro ECM was supported within days of it's release as we had a tune file sent in from someone who picked one up.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhino79 View Post
    The t43 is still a current controller, you guys have some tuneability but not everything needed. It is used in trucks and cars both, is that not enough volumn to justify added t43 support?
    There is ONE person at EFILive doing cal work, if I am working on new markets to ensure our future then the others stop, when we see sales trends as new things are released it becomes a sensible decision as to where we need to dedicate R&D.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhino79 View Post
    I love ALL other aspects of efilive outside of the poor t43 support.
    I don't know what we can do to fix it, if I had a direct line to GM asking them how it works then we'd be on track.

Quote Originally Posted by slows10 View Post
    These guys were asking for these tables back when it was still new four years ago. It got pushed bac and pushed back over the years by efilive.
    See my reply above.

Quote Originally Posted by Tre-Cool View Post
    i dont want to jump in on any of the bashing but last i checked the t43 is still being used in all the holden v8 auto's with no replacement transmission in sight.
    Australia is a very small percentage of our sales market.

if they have the know how perhaps having the ability to view the raw bin file from the trans and let them attack it on thier own.
    No need, they can make up any .cax file they want, there is people in the US doing this.

Quote Originally Posted by slows10 View Post
    Imo people need justification for a price increase
    Use the search function, it's been covered thoroughly.

I don't think HPTuners people are from NASA.
    No, but they have four calibration engineers, makes a big difference to what can get done.

Now if EFILive is plainly saying to use their software as a diagnostic tool and they have no intent to make a user friendly interface.
    What a bizarre statement, certainly not made by us.

Quote Originally Posted by minytrker View Post
    I understand why EFI is getting into cummins and and even support that even though I dont currently tune cummins BUT I get 50 to 1 calls about EFI for gas than cummins. I doubt there are more cummins than 2006-2011 GM that people tune with the T43. IMO it would be in EFI best intrest to spend the money and time to add atleast the same amount of support as the competition.
    If we were going to go broke focusing on the Diesel market we wouldn't do it, the decision to focus on Diesel came from sales feedback. I'm not saying that by us adding 1,000 tables to the T43 is flogging a dead horse, but it certainly would not result in any significant sales figures change. Oh, how about we introduce a year model fee to ensure the R&D for new models is justified. A one off fee for unlimited tuning on a 5 year + model run is very fair, maybe too fair.
    T43 troubles aside, it was going to be a struggle this year for us with the GM gassers, we had a lot of interest at the trade shows when we announced we were starting on Cummins support, people said this will be bigger than anything you have done before. So for the last year we have very much concentrated on getting Cummins to market. So far it's paid off and will continue for years to come due to a different licensing model.

So where does that leave the T43, well, nothing will change much this year, I am away for 7 weeks as of next week. If we've dropped the ball on the T43 we are just going to have to wear that hat, I don't see how that makes the rest of the software unusable as is being made out in this thread.

Cheers,
    Ross
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Quote Originally Posted by GMPX View Post
    So where does that leave the T43, well, nothing will change much this year, I am away for 7 weeks as of next week. If we've dropped the ball on the T43 we are just going to have to wear that hat, I don't see how that makes the rest of the software unusable as is being made out in this thread.

Cheers,
    Ross
    Ross, I really love the software. I honestly downloaded the beta demo for hp, its like nintendo vs xbox 360...lol EFI being the 360 of course. I honestly am not personally to the point where I need pwm support. I have gotten around the tq mgt issue by logging and altering the max timing drop between shifts until I got it where it feels right. I did come off pretty aggressive in this thread, I'll admit.

I'll say this, you personally have gone out of your way for me on 2-3 occasions to get me a .cal that was either not supported at the time or was missing something I needed. I would just like to know the t43 is not going to be forever what it is now. PWM is one of the biggest things that needs to be altered to support a good converter, thats the biggie to me.

I am not a diesel guy, and I can see where you have to follow trends to continue growth. I personally didn't know you were the only person writing cals. I admit I didn't know hp tuners had 4 calibrators. This makes more sense to me as to why some projects are more important than others. You can only do so much.

So i will apologize for stirring this up, you guys clearly have a great product, and I think it's success has our expectations high. I appreciate what you guys do, and as much money I have spent with efi, I have made a good amount as well.

Ryan
    Now go crack that t43!...jk

The problem some of us are at now is the thought of dumping EFI completely and going HPT because of this one minor issue of the lack of T-43 tuning.For the 11/12 I can not get a good tranny tune due to a few table's we have no control of. Atleast having a TQ management delete would help band aid the tunes a bit.Then some converter lock up pressure control would be nice for stall converters.

I just sent in a 2012 tranny file that is un recognized. Hopefully GM has a better base file in there.

Don

With all due respect & no sarcasm intended... a big LOL at EFILive having to defend their product and business decisions. Since 2006 I have bought and sold vehicles based on what EFILive supports, even made huge job and carreer choices by it. I am not going to question it since I DO NOT WRITE, DESIGN, HACK, OWN the software! Sorry guys. I am just a little dude who pays a minimal fee to do amazing things to hundreds of GM vehicles that impress my fellow master techs a great deal, and have had very good support and results, after I chose this product since I judged it as superior from the competition. My 2 cents. And if you were going to do ALL diesel, screw it I'm in!!! But it is great you so sooo much for gas!
    '12 Caprice PPV 6.0 L77 - daily transportation
    8.7 @ 84 (1/8 mile) bolt-ons

'02 Silverado RCSB 5.3 L59 - regularly street driven
    8.2 @ 86 (1/8 mile) stock cam and spray
    8.6 @ 84 (1/8 mile) cam and heads no spray

Our YOUTUBE CHANNEL featuring the Silverado

Lifetime Member

I understand why everyone's upset, and I also understand EFILive's position on the matter.

If everyone is so pissed about it, get a few guys together and start cracking the code. Stick it into a .cax file and use it in EFILive. A little more work than simply buying HPTuners, but I guess thats up to the majority.
    ~Erik~
    2013 Sonic RS Manual - 1.4L I4T E78, tuned, turbo mods, etc.
    2008 TrailBlazer SS 3SS AWD Summit White - LS2 E67/T42, bolt ons, suspension, etc.
    2002 Chevy TrailBlazer LT 4X4 Summit White - 4.2L I6 P10, lifted, wheels, etc.

while im not a hpt user, i can see them picking up efilive customers who now focus on e38 and t43 controllers due to their custom os ve table for the e38 and calibration updates for the newer auto's.

for me, it's not a big concern just a "would be nice to have the same settings sorta deal"

while im not a hpt user, i can see them picking up efilive customers who now focus on e38 and t43 controllers due to their custom os ve table for the e38 and calibration updates for the newer auto's.
    Quite the opposite on the ECM side of things, we have many customers switching from HPT to EFILive because of the need to wait for them to release custom OS's for the E38/E67. There is over 100 unique OS's between those two ECM's, with EFILive you can do VE tuning on every one of them, with HPT, maybe a handful and that's it. Even then their 'custom VE table' is all zero's, you start from scratch.

Anyway, back to the T43, whilst I've been over here in the US I've had a chance to spend some time with Jesse from Wait4me, he's created he's own cax files for T43 tuning that adds some important things. I hope to add what he has done if he's ok with that, probably January next year as I am not back from the US until mid December.

Cheers,
    Ross
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

That is the best news I have heard yet! Thank you and thanks Jesse!

Good to hear. I sent a few file awhile ago that has alot of changes too for converter lockup ext.

I'll make sure to stop by and say hi at PRI next week.

'12 Caprice PPV 6.0 L77 - daily transportation
    8.7 @ 84 (1/8 mile) bolt-ons

'02 Silverado RCSB 5.3 L59 - regularly street driven
    8.2 @ 86 (1/8 mile) stock cam and spray
    8.6 @ 84 (1/8 mile) cam and heads no spray

Our YOUTUBE CHANNEL featuring the Silverado

Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast