Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: 6L80 TM removal?

Default 6L80 TM removal?

I noticed that on the new 6L80's you can only select to have TM on/off. On my 4L60(Silverado) you could remove any percentage you want. Is it something that will be getting updated soon.

My brother has a new 2010 Camaro and with the TM on off it shifts too hard at the track and spins into 2nd and 3rd. What can I do to soften it up a bit?

Here is what they wrote on another forum. Can anyone confirm this.

"I do not use EFI live but with HP tuners torque management is adjustable.
    It works on a combination of tables (Shift torque factor, Shift torque factor adder, Adder modifier & Cold multiplier).
    The formula for it is ((Shift torque factor adder * Adder modifier) + Shift torque factor) * Cold modifier."

Is EFI Live working on a solution for this?

We have been wanting to expand on the 6 speed TCM tables for sometime now, it's just one of those really hard computers to work with, well, I should say, to figure out what the heck is going on.
    Reality is we probably won't get to the T43 again until early 2010. But I can assure you it has not been forgotten about.

Cheers,
    Ross
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Quote Originally Posted by GMPX View Post
    We have been wanting to expand on the 6 speed TCM tables for sometime now, it's just one of those really hard computers to work with, well, I should say, to figure out what the heck is going on.
    Reality is we probably won't get to the T43 again until early 2010. But I can assure you it has not been forgotten about.

Cheers,
    Ross
    Any more updates on this? I have a 2010 and with TM off I really dont like how it jerks you slowing to a stop as it downshifts. I was told this was due to TM
    2010 Camaro A6
    SLP LT Headers and Exhaust
    Chuck Mosello tuned
    ProTorque Converter

FWIW You can work around it a bit by limiting the amount of timing being pulled.

Default Nope...

Quote Originally Posted by PatrickfromMd View Post
    Any more updates on this? I have a 2010 and with TM off I really dont like how it jerks you slowing to a stop as it downshifts. I was told this was due to TM
    Nope.... Nothing to do with Torque Management.

The shift schedule is controlled by a few things.... Throttle angle, MPH, and a few other things....

Depending on the rate of decel and the corresponding throttle angle (how far your foot is into the throttle) you can get that side effect.

While TM is involved, I would prefer to modify your shift schedule to lessen "jerk" you're seeing.

Call me.
    Chuck CoW
    CoW BOOSTER! Electronic Throttle Enhancement.

- CLICK HERE NOW FOR MORE INFORMATION! -

VARARAM, EDELBROCK, AMERICAN RACING HEADERS, BAER BRAKES, BORLA, EFI Live, Magnuson,
    COMP Cams, PROCHARGER, PRO TORQUE, PHADT Racing, INNOVATORS WEST, and more.

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck CoW View Post
    Nope.... Nothing to do with Torque Management.

The shift schedule is controlled by a few things.... Throttle angle, MPH, and a few other things....

Depending on the rate of decel and the corresponding throttle angle (how far your foot is into the throttle) you can get that side effect.

While TM is involved, I would prefer to modify your shift schedule to lessen "jerk" you're seeing.

Call me.
    Chuck CoW
    Thanks for the advise Chuck.
    It was most noticeable with my foot off the throttle slowing from say 35 to a stop light
    I hope to finally get around to re-installing EFI live on my new Windows 7 machine so once I’m up and going again, I will get with you.
    (I hear there are some new videos in the works, can’t wait to see.)

Patrick
    2010 Camaro A6
    SLP LT Headers and Exhaust
    Chuck Mosello tuned
    ProTorque Converter

Quote Originally Posted by MN C5 View Post
    FWIW You can work around it a bit by limiting the amount of timing being pulled.
    This is very good advice.

I have TM fully engaged, but I modify the minimum final timing spark table (B5157) to reduce the timing reduction at higher rpm and loads. This way, I have smooth TM upshifts and downshifts at light throttle, and screech-bang shifts at WOT. It's the absolute best of both worlds.

2013 Corvette Grand Sport A6 heads/cam/boost coming
    2009 Pontiac G8 GT
    Vararam, EFI Live tuned, Cruising in 4 cylinder mode, hauling on 8.
    2000 Pewter Ram Air Trans Am M6 heads/cam 508 rwhp/445 rwtq SAE Mods list, Idle Sound Clip, WOT video, 183.092mph video
    2008 GMC Yukon Denali XL 6.2L K&N FIPK, variable valve timing tuned to the max w/EFI Live.

Lifetime Member

thats a clever approach
    will try that,
    Thanks!

I have TM fully engaged, but I modify the minimum final timing spark table (B5157) to reduce the timing reduction at higher rpm and loads. This way, I have smooth TM upshifts and downshifts at light throttle, and screech-bang shifts at WOT. It's the absolute best of both worlds.[/QUOTE]
    "Just a tune > yeah right !!!! "

Default call me....

Quote Originally Posted by PatrickfromMd View Post
    Thanks for the advise Chuck.
    It was most noticeable with my foot off the throttle slowing from say 35 to a stop light
    I hope to finally get around to re-installing EFI live on my new Windows 7 machine so once I’m up and going again, I will get with you.
    (I hear there are some new videos in the works, can’t wait to see.)

Patrick
    Call me... I've modified my A6 corvette cals recently....I have some ideas for you.

Chuck CoW
    CoW BOOSTER! Electronic Throttle Enhancement.

- CLICK HERE NOW FOR MORE INFORMATION! -

VARARAM, EDELBROCK, AMERICAN RACING HEADERS, BAER BRAKES, BORLA, EFI Live, Magnuson,
    COMP Cams, PROCHARGER, PRO TORQUE, PHADT Racing, INNOVATORS WEST, and more.

Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast