Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: 6L80 TM removal?

Quote Originally Posted by GMPX View Post
    Thanks for the feedback Ryan, it goes in line with what everyone else is saying, the trans now shifts the best it ever has. It's almost like an injector table on the ECM, it seems to make a global change to how the TCM behaves. I feel the TCM is so smart that it doesn't seem to need a lot of tuning if it's getting sent the right data (Torque).

I just finished off yesterday the torque tables for all E38 & E67 OS's, so the next release (due next week hopefully) will give everyone a chance to have a play. We will also be including a new PID to allow you to log the calculated torque value so you know what direction you are heading.

That to me, seems to perhaps justify my reasoning why maf tuned car's seem to have firmer shifts to mafless based ones?

I had to increase the shift times and add more torque delay timing to soften the shifts on my dads ve-ss after doing a maf tune, yet my own supercharged car has nice smooth shifts with increased pressures for casual driving, but hard shifts at wot.

I've not done a lot of T43 tuning, but I have thought about this a lot. As has been said, I feel that the important part is ensuring the TCM is getting the correct data, especially for the commanded/desired torque. I've looked at the 3rd gear flare problem in some of the T43's and believe there is a correlation between "derived torque" and "clutch pack pressure". Basically, the TCM is reducing clutch pack pressure mid gear as it believes the engine is only maxing a certain amount of torque. However, in FI engines, the torque is well over this point and results in a mid gear flare.

I know it's not TM specific, but I think it helps describe the thinking behind the tuning in the TCM.

Simon.

i dunno about the 3rd gear flare. my old box used to do it all the time between 2nd to 3rd. i did a gearbox relearn and it disappeared from that shift. but it put one in the 3rd to 4th.

my new gearbox, ala 2nd hand. was flashed with my old tcm os/cal and it shifts perfectly in every gear.

Just an update. I'm at 18% added to the torque model table, .2 on all upshift times. Rpm pressure limited at 1000 kpa in all forward gears. All the base tables are stock. Man the shifts have a nice bump at light throttle and it follows the throttle input nicely. At wot, the shifts are mildly aggressive but instant. I have not had 1 flare yet.

Rhino, thanks for the feedback

Sweet spot seems to be anywhere from 10 - 25 %

Tre-cool, Are you running a stock box, or built? How much power you running through it? How's it holding up?

434rwkw or 588rwhp on dyno dynamics.

1st box lasted 140k kms. new 2nd hand box has 25k km's. both are stock

I'm at 20%, .15 shift times except for 6th. It is .25on shift time. I manually bumped pressure table for 6th up 3% and am about to do the same with 4th. They seem to be the softer of all gears but not sloppy. They just are a lil softer than 2,3,5.

After some learn time, the shifts felt real lungy w no tq mgt. I added tq mgt in, and in the lower load cells I have shift times at .25 blending down to .15 in thehigh load and rpm cells. All pressures are stock, I used the minimal final timing table to adjust how low the timing will pull on shifts. Light load is at 8* minimum blending up to 13* at wot load and rpm cells. Pressure rpm limiter is at 1100, and the max adapt values are at 300 instead of 200. I thought this would give more room for the tcm to adapt. Results so far are clean quick shifts, not jerky, and wot is very quick and firm. It's a nice balance so far.

Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast