Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7151617

Thread: 6L80 TM removal?

Quote Originally Posted by GMPX View Post
    Do you 'really' need the AFM slip tables too?

I would think they are only needed a very small percentage of the time. Most people who have went to a big cam and or stall have already removed the AFM or turn it off because it doesnt hardly ever go into AFM.

Quote Originally Posted by minytrker View Post
    Most people who have went to a big cam and or stall have already removed the AFM or turn it off because it doesnt hardly ever go into AFM.
    That's what I figured, but I added them anyway, you know if I didn't someone would ask.
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

That's what I figured, but I added them anyway, you know if I didn't someone would ask.
    In D7010 and D7011 with the selections in the drop down box, are there tables that we cant see at the moment that show the differences between these selections? and if there is...can they be added please?

Cheers Scotty
    2008 HSV GTS LS3

I'm not sure what you mean. The list just shows the 'marketing name' GM would assign to the tables. It doesn't mean there is 12 or more sets of shift tables.
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

I'm not sure what you mean. The list just shows the 'marketing name' GM would assign to the tables. It doesn't mean there is 12 or more sets of shift tables.
    So basically you are explaining that in the drop down box of selections, that choosing any of them will make no difference to the tune of the transmission and that those selections are just words ONLY??......if that is the case....then why are they there in the first place??? ( please dont take this as critisizing you, im just trying to understand this further) EG: my HSV has "Pattern1 selected for D7010 and "Cruise""selected for D7011 in the stock tune, where as in Rhino's standard tune he has "Normal" selected for D7010 and "Sport/Performance" selected for D7011.
    It just seems strange that with all those choices and the names of them EG: pattern 1, pattern2, normal, cruise, sport/performance, winter etc etc that there is not more to them than meets the eye instead of just face value word only... Was just wondering whether it was another secret thing hidden deep in this""T43 Pandora's Gearbox"

Cheers Scotty
    2008 HSV GTS LS3

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by scottcmb View Post
    So basically you are explaining that in the drop down box of selections, that choosing any of them will make no difference to the tune of the transmission and that those selections are just words ONLY??......if that is the case....then why are they there in the first place??? ( please dont take this as critisizing you, im just trying to understand this further) EG: my HSV has "Pattern1 selected for D7010 and "Cruise""selected for D7011 in the stock tune, where as in Rhino's standard tune he has "Normal" selected for D7010 and "Sport/Performance" selected for D7011.
    It just seems strange that with all those choices and the names of them EG: pattern 1, pattern2, normal, cruise, sport/performance, winter etc etc that there is not more to them than meets the eye instead of just face value word only... Was just wondering whether it was another secret thing hidden deep in this""T43 Pandora's Gearbox"

Cheers Scotty
    You might run that question by GM in Detroit or Holden at the "Bend". Always more than meets the eye. 2mb of mem and 256k (2mbits) of calibration, plenty dark corridors in these things, especially with the Bosch noodle boxes.

"Bosch noodle boxes"

I like that euphemism, thanks Ian

Senior Member restless@westnet.com.au's Avatar

any more updates

Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7151617