Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: 6L80 TM removal?

Default I could help you out by......

Quote Originally Posted by GMPX View Post
    We have been wanting to expand on the 6 speed TCM tables for sometime now, it's just one of those really hard computers to work with, well, I should say, to figure out what the heck is going on.
    Reality is we probably won't get to the T43 again until early 2010. But I can assure you it has not been forgotten about.

Cheers,
    Ross
    I could help you out by......sending you several PMs and e-mails on the subject if you like....SEVERAL times a day....

If you need some incentive.....

Chuck CoW
    CoW BOOSTER! Electronic Throttle Enhancement.

- CLICK HERE NOW FOR MORE INFORMATION! -

VARARAM, EDELBROCK, AMERICAN RACING HEADERS, BAER BRAKES, BORLA, EFI Live, Magnuson,
    COMP Cams, PROCHARGER, PRO TORQUE, PHADT Racing, INNOVATORS WEST, and more.

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck CoW View Post
    Call me... I've modified my A6 corvette cals recently....I have some ideas for you.

Chuck CoW
    Chuck, your mods did the trick. I loaded the modified tune and she is good to go. It downshifts and rev matches as it slows to a light. With my SLP longtubes and exhaust it has a nice growl as I’m slowing to a stop with no jerking at all. (subtly gets people’s attention as well.)
    2010 Camaro A6
    SLP LT Headers and Exhaust
    Chuck Mosello tuned
    ProTorque Converter

Default more good news

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck CoW View Post
    Call me... I've modified my A6 corvette cals recently....I have some ideas for you.

Chuck CoW
    Chuck,

More good news, the track opened and I made an appearance with the modified tunes last night. I can’t really explain it, but it was running hard and consistent. In fact I bested my best ever 13.08 with a 12.748. At the end of last season I was running an average of 13.3, but last night every one of my 8 runs was in the 12s (averaging about 12.8)
    The trans is shifting firmly but not harsh. Periodic dead spots before the shift also seem to be a thing of the past. Great work!
    2010 Camaro A6
    SLP LT Headers and Exhaust
    Chuck Mosello tuned
    ProTorque Converter

Quote Originally Posted by GMPX View Post
    We have been wanting to expand on the 6 speed TCM tables for sometime now, it's just one of those really hard computers to work with, well, I should say, to figure out what the heck is going on.
    Reality is we probably won't get to the T43 again until early 2010. But I can assure you it has not been forgotten about.

Cheers,
    Ross
    I'm bringing this back up because it would be greatly appreciated to have alot more table's. All these new cars have these newer tranny's and we need to tune them right. I've manipulated my own car to shift smooth but it took alot of time messing with table's we shouldn't have to mess with. My 2011 car doesn't even have an option to shut off TM.

Thanks
    Don

BTW- The tranny worked good enough to run 12.5's at 111mph at 4014lbs. Mods are only a cold air and ARH headers with nitto's at 28psi.

Back up again.

Would really like some more love on the A6 tranny. Only company know that has better control is Trifector. HPT and EFI live are behind the ball. Got some 700+rwhp cars coming out and need tranny control.

PLEASE......bumpity

Default Dwindling number of tables......

Dwindling number of tables as the cars get newer...

YES, I agree.... I would LOVE to see more for this transmission....

It's a wonderful machine and it's controls are complex....

We need more help.
    Chuck CoW
    CoW BOOSTER! Electronic Throttle Enhancement.

- CLICK HERE NOW FOR MORE INFORMATION! -

VARARAM, EDELBROCK, AMERICAN RACING HEADERS, BAER BRAKES, BORLA, EFI Live, Magnuson,
    COMP Cams, PROCHARGER, PRO TORQUE, PHADT Racing, INNOVATORS WEST, and more.

I've notice that too ...less and less tables.
    Trailblazer "RS" 5.3L 6L80 4x4 & '07 TBSS LS2 6L90 AWD

I remember when EFI was the most inclusive for the supported models, Now it seems that EFI is content to keep letting HP control the gas market. I know efi is head and shoulders above on the diesel, but what about us gas guys? The T43 tables have been on the back burner FOREVER, a guy can not even properly tune for a single disc converter on a t43 without pwm tables. Not to mention the lack of TQ MGT tables. I have spent almost over 8K bucks with EFI over the years between v1, v2, and over 70 licenses. That may not seem like much to most but for a personal tuner working on simply referrals, I have done well. I want to keep my biz with efilive, thats why I bought it instead of HP tuners. The software has gone up now, licenses are higher, and we are getting less tables. Is EFI content with minimal gas support, everything from gm now is e38 and t43 for the most part, why not be heavily supported on those modules?

Sorry to sound pissy, I do understand you can't just snap your fingers and have stuff done. A lot of the threads on this forum about t43 cals lacking tables are over a year old.

I think alot of people who do a lot of gas tuning are in the same boat. It seems EFI has switched to the cummins market and those of us who tune mostly gas are just stuck in 2009. A couple years ago if EFI supported a controller you knew you had everything available to you to do a full tune. Now as the vehicles get newer it seems we are getting less and less to work with. It sucks having to own and use several different tuning software's just for a few tables.

Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast