Thread: 05 TCM flashing issue?

Default 05 TCM flashing issue?

I have an 05 TCM that I put into my SUBURBAN swap and am having an issue with flashing it. I initially flashed it to an 02 OS and had to flash it without high speed as it kept telling me invalid calibration(I'm guessing because the TCM was new with no VIN number in it). I tweaked the shift points some more in it and tried to flash in just a calibration flash and it feels like nothing changed. Do you have to always full flash the TCM? I really don't feel like sitting through another 32 minute flash if I don't have to.

Also even though I lowered down my lock-up points in 5th, it still unlocks at about 55(about 50-52 in a regular truck) evertime I let off the throttle. Is this normal? I don't have tow/haul mode yet, but hopefully I can get something put together next week for that hurdle as well.
    1995 GMC 2500 SUBURBAN powered by 01 DURAMAX/ALLISON, little of this, a little of that,
    DIAMONDEYE 4" exhaust, CORSA muffler, AFE stage 1 dry filter, custom tuning by me, KENNEDY single pump and pump rub kit.

You could read it and see if the changes were made.

I did read it and the changes show up, but they didn't actually happen. I'm going to do another full flash tommorrow and see if it goes in then. Hopefully I can get it to work in high speed this time.
    1995 GMC 2500 SUBURBAN powered by 01 DURAMAX/ALLISON, little of this, a little of that,
    DIAMONDEYE 4" exhaust, CORSA muffler, AFE stage 1 dry filter, custom tuning by me, KENNEDY single pump and pump rub kit.