Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Revving past 8000+ rpms

Lifetime Member

Cool fix Ross, are you going to update the .calz files in the next release with this fix too?
    ~Erik~
    2013 Sonic RS Manual - 1.4L I4T E78, tuned, turbo mods, etc.
    2008 TrailBlazer SS 3SS AWD Summit White - LS2 E67/T42, bolt ons, suspension, etc.
    2002 Chevy TrailBlazer LT 4X4 Summit White - 4.2L I6 P10, lifted, wheels, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by GMPX View Post
    It will just use the last value in the 8000 RPM column, it doesn't wrap back around. The problem we had with Robz (which I never thought of) was the upper RPM threshold to switch back to the normal VE map was limited to 8,000RPM, so once they got above that it was jumping out of the TPS VE table, we just extended that allowable RPM up to 10,000.

Cheers,
    Ross
    We'll try it Ross( vetteboy2k is the tuner) and report back.
    We will also try new injectors.

Ross,
    Is there anyway to give us fueling control over 8000rpm whether its TPS vs. VE or PE vs. RPM?

Anyway we can change the fueling parameters to read every 500 rpms instead of 400rpms which would allow for higher rpm fueling control?
    Last edited by robz; October 21st, 2009 at 03:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by robz View Post
    We'll try it Ross( vetteboy2k is the tuner) and report back.
    We will also try new injectors.

Ross,
    Is there anyway to give us fueling control over 8000rpm whether its TPS vs. VE or PE vs. RPM?

Anyway we can change the fueling parameters to read every 500 rpms instead of 400rpms which would allow for higher rpm fueling control?
    We tried all and still are getting a fuel cutoff around 8000 rpms and sometimes slightly higher.

There is the possibility that the PCM is at it's processing limit and cannot keep up beyond 8,000RPM. Or the 24x sensor is not capable of producing a nice clean signal at those RPM's.
    With the fueling, once you hit the end of the table that value just carries through, it's not like it just stops or wraps back around to the start of the table.
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

robz,

Is there any way you have access to someone with an automotive oscilloscope that can probe the crank sensor signal to see what it looks like when you try to go above 8000 rpm...?

Well Robz they are telling you to probe your crank, I think that's Austrailian for go f yourlself.

Look at post #183: showthread.php?p=105501

Probing your crank (!) will allow you to see if the CKP crank position signal is correct in amplitude/shape, and possibly see if the reluctor is slipping/walking (you will also need the CMP cam position signal to compare against).

Without a scope waveform you can't really tell... it's all very dynamic.

Also, probing your injectors (!) will show if they are being driven correctly.

Sparky, I wrote that with a straight face, but am now cracking up...

Quote Originally Posted by joecar View Post

Probing your crank (!) will allow you to see if the CKP crank position signal is correct in amplitude/shape, and possibly see if the reluctor is slipping/walking (you will also need the CMP cam position signal to compare against).

Until I saw that last line, I thought you didn't realize I was joking. I thought I was going to have to explain the joke, which I hate doing because that means it's not very funny.

Quote Originally Posted by GMPX View Post
    There is the possibility that the PCM is at it's processing limit and cannot keep up beyond 8,000RPM. Or the 24x sensor is not capable of producing a nice clean signal at those RPM's.
    With the fueling, once you hit the end of the table that value just carries through, it's not like it just stops or wraps back around to the start of the table.
    Something is going on similar to what you mentioned above.
    We can take 10 consecutive dyno pulls and the fuel cutoff will occur at 10 different rpms.

--I wonder if a 58 tooth reluctor wheel would work better or repositioning the sensor?

--Someone also mentioned trying the blue/green pcm that came out in 04 for the corvettes which is a newer/upgraded version over the one I have in my car.

I'm confident this can be done, just need to figure it out or contact the right person.

Quote Originally Posted by joecar View Post

Thanks for that info, Joe.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast