Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What ECM should I choose?

Default What ECM should I choose?

As the topic says: What ECM should I choose?

My requirements are:

-Petrol
    -V8 (3,6 L if it matters)
    -One output per injector
    -One output per spark plug
    -Able to control turbo wastegate
    -Ofcause tuneable with EFILive!

Thanks in advance!

/Joakim

Maybe I should explain more... It´s an Audi 3,6 L V8 from 1990 that I will see if I can get to run with some kind of GM ECM. Why GM? I have EFILive and I can buy the ECM very cheap. Will get away with a one tenth of the price of an aftermarket ECM, e.g. Bosch Motorsport.

Ofcause there will be some work with a new wiring harness, fit new senders and sensors, spark plug module etc to match the new ECM.

So a new GM ECM for $150-200 and a new EFILive license. Can´t get any cheaper!

As long as I get a suitable ECM I will get it to run. Just a matter of time and patience. I see this as a challenge.

Any ideas?

Thanks, Joakim

I've heard of people making the LS1 PCM & Harness work with FORD motors...
    2008 2WD Ext.Cab Silverado 1500 6.0 V-MAX E38(L76) & T42(4L70E) MAF Only CL Corvette Servo AFE CAI INNOVATIVE LM-2 WBO2

FLASHSCAN V2 & AUTOCAL

I am trying to do somethieng simualr but with a kawasaki jet ski its a 1500cc sc 4 cylinder motor. the problem is there are no tunable ecms available. soooooo .

I vote for the 0411 PCM as GAMEOVER said.

EFIconnection makes a 24x crank reluctor that mounts on the crank pulley for SBC/LT1, but it could probably be adapted...

You might have to get creative with the cam reluctor.

Lifetime Member

But, it appears he is looking for "Coil Near Plug" for a V-6. That is going to be the difficult part.

Jeff
    98 GMC RCSB 2WD, Internally stock 305 w/Twin T-3 junkyard Turbos,4L80e,Ramjet intake,42lb.inj., 0411PCM, COS3,4675LBS w/me in it. Best Time on 5 passes-13.01@110

I've been working with a company that is developing what will be a relatively low cost system that will allow 411-type ECMs to be use to control virtually any popular US V8 engine. The problem with systems like the one from EFI Connection is that the parts are very expensive. That's not meant as a slam, the expense is a result of the production costs. But if you can eliminate some specialized parts, system cost is reduced. I'll have more details when testing is completed.
    DigitalEFI- EFILive US Distributor
    sales@digitalefi.com
    678/344-1590

Thanks for your input!

Why not use the E38/E67 ECM? Doesn´t they support COP and VE table for forced induction? 58 crank wheel sounds nice. More Bosch like that would be easier to find for an Audi engine i suppose.

Took a look at the LSx 0411 ECM also. That would be my other choice. Also COP and with custom OS support forced induction.

/Joakim

Although the GM ECM's are nice, in your case I would be looking at an aftermarket ECM, sure not cheap, but I think for all the issues you will have with the crank/cam signals and different sensors (or adapting GM sensors to the Audi engine) you might be better off not using a GM ECM.
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

GMPX: I do not agree with you. Fiting sensors is the smallest issue. Cam signal is no problem. Will use the location where the distributer was. Building a wiring harness, no problem. Have build a number of them erlier but stand alone for Duramax. Same, same but different

The only thing I am concerned with is the crank wheel/signal. Since I have numerous contact with people that can CNC manufacture that for me I don´t think that will be a problem either.

Where is your problem solving spirit?? I think you post was a bit negative. This is a side project that has no time line. The car is stripped down to pices and will take at least a year until I trow in the engine

The thing I would like to know is what stock ECM that fits in my project. I have already explained why.. Have the tuning software and can buy ECMs cheap.

Anyone else that can comment my post?

/Joakim

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast