Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Still looking for the elusive...

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by killerbee View Post
    I agree. One vehicle specific constant. Should be easy to solve for a new one.

What did you see for eq when running highway unloaded, no boost? I seem to remember around 1.0??? Or was it 0.6?
    I think i remember reading a while back (about a year ago) he had concluded that .6 was optimum for cruising (highest MPG) and .9 netted the highest HP. And i have been reading (not forms) that 1.0 is definitely way over stoich.
    '07 TBSS, LS2, T42, 3SS, Black on Black on Black, Pretty much stock at the moment. EFILive will fix that

'06 LBZ/Allison 6speed, EC, LB, 1LT, Leather
    Current Mods: EFI Live/ PTO High Idle Mod/ Factory Exhaust Brake / BD Full Bore/ TransGo Jr./ TTS Twin Lift Pumps/ MBRP 4" turbo back/ Custom air box mod/ BullyDog Outlook Monitor

465hp/1008tq---7/25/09---Dyno Day Fast Specialties Tuning by ME

That sounds very familiar. Concussions have handicapped me. Plus a little aged.

Let's start with this then,

({GM.MAIN1T_DMA}+{GM.PILOT1T_DMA})*sqrt({SAE.FRP_C })/({CALC.CYLAIR}*16115)

determine what this yields in a zero boost log, then solve for the variable to make the logged EQ good to 0.6.

Does that sound like a plan?
    Michael, Systems Engineer 04.5 D-max LLY, Phoenix, Arizona Email
    Custom Tuning Services
    DURAMAX/CUMMINS ECM's TCM's for sale, all years, 20% wholesale discount available
    EFILive's first VGT "Software Wastegate Tune"

Lifetime Member

That sounds very familiar. Concussions have handicapped me. Plus a little aged.

Let's start with this then,

({GM.MAIN1T_DMA}+{GM.PILOT1T_DMA})*sqrt({SAE.FRP_C })/({CALC.CYLAIR}*16115)

determine what this yields in a zero boost log, then solve for the variable to make the logged EQ good to 0.6.

Does that sound like a plan?
    So you are saying that in a zero boost cruise that the truck will naturally cruise at .6? then solve to find the "16115" value?
    '07 TBSS, LS2, T42, 3SS, Black on Black on Black, Pretty much stock at the moment. EFILive will fix that

Current Mods: EFI Live/ PTO High Idle Mod/ Factory Exhaust Brake / BD Full Bore/ TransGo Jr./ TTS Twin Lift Pumps/ MBRP 4" turbo back/ Custom air box mod/ BullyDog Outlook Monitor

I think that is correct.
    Custom Tuning Services
    DURAMAX/CUMMINS ECM's TCM's for sale, all years, 20% wholesale discount available

So if you are running down the hiway (zero boost) and eq is logging, on avg, 124 (hypothetical), then the new PID constant becomes, (124/0.6) * 16115=3330400
    Custom Tuning Services

I backed the PID into old logs, it looks to be not too far off as written. .3-2.1 range on the (hypertech) log.

That 2.1 is on the wot section, exactly as predicted, during spoolup. NOW, what can I do about it?

side note: this log is the just the worst performance imagineable, some of these cookie cutter companies should just committ suicide.

edit: something was wrong with that truck, idle MAF was logging 2 lb/min
    Last edited by killerbee; October 17th, 2009 at 10:55 AM.
    Custom Tuning Services

Quote Originally Posted by bballer182 View Post
    So you are saying that in a zero boost cruise that the truck will naturally cruise at .6?
    a little more memory coming back. As I recall, LLY cruise was maybe around 0.4-.5, even zero boost it was lean.
    Custom Tuning Services

Default More recall

Quote Originally Posted by bballer182 View Post
    I think i remember reading a while back (about a year ago) he had concluded that .6 was optimum for cruising (highest MPG) and .9 netted the highest HP. And i have been reading (not forms) that 1.0 is definitely way over stoich.
    I seem to remember also , anecdotally, that 1.0-1.2 had the best spoolup characteristics, with minimal polution.

This was back in the day of pre-induction overhaul, so these numbers might be a bit less now.

More FWIW.
    Custom Tuning Services

Lifetime Member

Hmmm. Ok, well i'll have to play with it some and see what i can find out.

Lifetime Member

I backed the PID into old logs, it looks to be not too far off as written. .3-2.1 range on the (hypertech) log.

That 2.1 is on the wot section, exactly as predicted, during spoolup. NOW, what can I do about it? pull some fuel in the areas you saw those ugly numbers and play with the timing a little.

side note: this log is the just the worst performance imagineable, some of these cookie cutter companies should just committ suicide.

edit: something was wrong with that truck, idle MAF was logging 2 lb/min

I agree! I had a BullyDog before EFI and owned the two at the same time so i pulled the BullyDog tunes with EFI and was shocked at the lack of "skill/craftmanship" (for the lack of a better term) in their tunes. I felt utterly sick knowing those tunes were being run in my truck...

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast