Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Still looking for the elusive...

You say pull fuel in those areas. There is maybe a dozen different ways to do this. Pressure, pulse, a number of torque limiting tables...

I am curious about any methodologies that may work better than others.
    Michael, Systems Engineer 04.5 D-max LLY, Phoenix, Arizona Email
    Custom Tuning Services
    DURAMAX/CUMMINS ECM's TCM's for sale, all years, 20% wholesale discount available
    EFILive's first VGT "Software Wastegate Tune"

Default of

EQ of .5-.6 sounds about right for cruise, I was tuning WOT and did not really care that much about cruise conditions. An EQ 1.0 =s stoich and will yield a haze out of the pipe. How are you going check that you are in fact at 1.0 after playing with your calculations? I strongly suggest an LC-1 or a NGK WBO2 for reference.

Quote Originally Posted by killerbee View Post
    I agree. One vehicle specific constant. Should be easy to solve for a new one.

What did you see for eq when running highway unloaded, no boost? I seem to remember around 1.0??? Or was it 0.6?
    04 2500, LLY/A, 4x4, CC, SB, 285 Toyo's, Amsoil lubes, Access Roll-up Tonneau, ATS Stage 2 trans, ATS 5 Star Converter, Bilstein's, Caltracs bars, Cognito Braces, EFILive, Kennedy Diesel Custom Tuning, Kennedy Diesel headlight harness, Kennedy Dual Lift Pump/Filter combo, Prodigy brake controller, Spa DG 211, Trippin Cyclops overhead gauge mount, , TTS 4" Exhaust, TTS Xtreme Beta, Amsoil Ea filters, Banks CAI

I personally don't need it to be accurate to a nat. For me, it is one of many tools, and I use it for the quick visual of high departures from desired.

I am much more interested (in this thread) in coming up with good methodology for tuning out the smoke.
    Custom Tuning Services
    DURAMAX/CUMMINS ECM's TCM's for sale, all years, 20% wholesale discount available

Lifetime Member

You say pull fuel in those areas. There is maybe a dozen different ways to do this. Pressure, pulse, a number of torque limiting tables...

I am curious about any methodologies that may work better than others.
    In my dsp5 tunes i have made sure that all 5 of my tunes have the "pedal to desired toque" (B1115 and B1116) the exact same trough out the 5 tunes, because that one tables can reek havoc on the TCM if one were to have a non-standard pedal to desired torque table. So that would usually not be an option for me. So that brings me down to TBIQ, pulse, and pressure. This is where it gets to be kind of preference area. I think i remember reading that you had built your tunes around a base pressure? so that ould bring us down to just TBIQ and pulse. Personally i think i would end up using the TBIQ just because I think it's a little easier to work with that table than the pulse table. On the other hand it might be more wise to adjust the pulse table because there are no compensation tables and adjust tables that deal in pulse time. they all seem to be in the TBIQ tables. So if you go straight to the source and play with the pulse table you might not even have to examine all of the adjusting and correcting tables???
    '07 TBSS, LS2, T42, 3SS, Black on Black on Black, Pretty much stock at the moment. EFILive will fix that

'06 LBZ/Allison 6speed, EC, LB, 1LT, Leather
    Current Mods: EFI Live/ PTO High Idle Mod/ Factory Exhaust Brake / BD Full Bore/ TransGo Jr./ TTS Twin Lift Pumps/ MBRP 4" turbo back/ Custom air box mod/ BullyDog Outlook Monitor

465hp/1008tq---7/25/09---Dyno Day Fast Specialties Tuning by ME

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by Racehemi View Post
    EQ of .5-.6 sounds about right for cruise, I was tuning WOT and did not really care that much about cruise conditions. An EQ 1.0 =s stoich and will yield a haze out of the pipe. How are you going check that you are in fact at 1.0 after playing with your calculations? I strongly suggest an LC-1 or a NGK WBO2 for reference.
    I have read in a couple different sources that an EQ of 1.0 was not stoich and was a little over stoich. (not in forum talk mind you) Do you have any info that would lead us to believe 1.0 is stoich? Keep in mind that stoich is in a perfect world and is theoretical. so it may very well be stoich when talking about and LBZ???
    '07 TBSS, LS2, T42, 3SS, Black on Black on Black, Pretty much stock at the moment. EFILive will fix that

Current Mods: EFI Live/ PTO High Idle Mod/ Factory Exhaust Brake / BD Full Bore/ TransGo Jr./ TTS Twin Lift Pumps/ MBRP 4" turbo back/ Custom air box mod/ BullyDog Outlook Monitor

...so if I understand the pulse idea, that would require a timing considerations as well?
    Custom Tuning Services

Lifetime Member

Yes, good point. So i guess the difficultly level is the same...???

Got a problem. ENGTRQREF is not validating for my LMM logs. I know it worked for LBZ logging.

I can log it, seems to be correct, but I have the red X.
    Last edited by killerbee; October 18th, 2009 at 09:46 AM.
    Custom Tuning Services

What about table B0795 for limiting fuel via MAF flow?
    Though I think the missing piece of the puzzle with B0795 & B0796 is how that is then transformed in to either a torque limit or mm3 limiter.
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Lifetime Member

Got a problem. ENGTRQREF is not validating for my LMM logs. I know it worked for LBZ logging.

I can log it, seems to be correct, but I have the red X.
    OOO, dunno about that, I would have thought it would have worked on the LMM. In BBL there are quite a few to choose from. try some of them out.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast