Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: P12 no read

Default P12 no read

I started this as a separate thread of it's own .
    Tried reading a P12 3 times with "fast" read , no luck , sent 3 .blx files to support , then did a "snail mode" read (fast read , unchecked) , stopped reading data as well (184k of 1mb , 11:08 timer) , sent 2 .blx files to support .
    Using latest firmware and software for V2 .
    2005 1500 HD , Custom OS3 SD tune .
    2006 Trailblazer
    Dinosaurs and Plants gave their lives so that we may drive , long live fossil fuel .

EFILive Developer Site Admin Blacky's Avatar

I have your files, I can see the fault occurring in the trace files. It is still under investigation. i.e. I'm still trying to reproduce the same fault here so that we can figure out what is causing it.

Meanwhile check out my post here: http://forum.efilive.com/showthread....888#post106888 (Post #16)
    It is also relevant to your situation.

Regards
    Paul
    Before asking for help, please read this.

Quote Originally Posted by Blacky View Post
    I have your files, I can see the fault occurring in the trace files. It is still under investigation. i.e. I'm still trying to reproduce the same fault here so that we can figure out what is causing it.

Meanwhile check out my post here: http://forum.efilive.com/showthread....888#post106888 (Post #16)

Regards
    Paul
    If you need something more let me know .
    Response to Above link :
    Hmmm , I have only had 2 Notebooks with EFILive on them , well 2 portables that are used for tuning , and the current one has been used to read the same PCM with the same cable and the same USB port .
    I will try the tweak and see but I kind of doubt the USB stuff is it seeing I can read the LS1B PCM fine with either Notebook or V2 BBR .
    I was going to sign up for the Beta testing of the BBR but was going to be out of pocket for a couple of months and felt it would not have been very helpful in the testing stages .
    Again Notebook reading failure , not V2 BBR . Have no problem with .ctd files .
    2006 Trailblazer
    Dinosaurs and Plants gave their lives so that we may drive , long live fossil fuel .

Regards
    Paul
    Got around to finally doing the USB setting , will try on TB when it comes in for a landing today .
    Is there a reason why it is set to the lower setting ?
    2006 Trailblazer

EFILive Developer Site Admin Blacky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Chevy366 View Post
    Got around to finally doing the USB setting , will try on TB when it comes in for a landing today .
    Is there a reason why it is set to the lower setting ?
    No reason, that's just the default. Increasing the buffer will not "solve" the problem, however it may allow the underlying drivers to cope better with whatever is causing the problem by giving the drivers more room to store incoming data and therefor more time to deal with the actual problem.

I have heard from others that read/flash P12s that you may need to pull the fuse on the BCM (Body Control Module) to prevent it from interfering.

Regards
    Paul
    Before asking for help, please read this.

No reason, that's just the default. Increasing the buffer will not "solve" the problem, however it may allow the underlying drivers to cope better with whatever is causing the problem by giving the drivers more room to store incoming data and therefor more time to deal with the actual problem.

I have heard from others that read/flash P12s that you may need to pull the fuse on the BCM (Body Control Module) to prevent it from interfering.

Regards
    Paul
    Okay , will try the BCM trick and see .

Thanks
    2006 Trailblazer

Regards
    Paul
    Okay , tried with BCM fuse out , no such luck , still the same thing , no 'fast read' or 'snail mode' either .
    Any other ideas ?
    Just to make sure which of the 5 BCM fuses did the person pull , outside , inside ?
    Last edited by Chevy366; October 29th, 2009 at 09:15 AM.
    2006 Trailblazer

Is this on the 2006 TB you have in your sig?
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Quote Originally Posted by GMPX View Post
    Is this on the 2006 TB you have in your sig?
    Yes , so I have access , well limited access to it .
    2006 Trailblazer

I tried again tonight, I checked to see if it was locked and it says it is. I dont think it has ever been flashed with EFI Live before. What should i do now?
    2001 Chevrolet K2500HD Duramax
    Suncoast SCIV 1056
    Kennedy twin lift pumps
    Billet pick up
    MBRP 4" exhaust
    Air intake horn mod
    ARP head studs
    A few more go fast/truck pulling goodies!
    Tuned with EFI
    12.65 @ 107 1.71 60'

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast