Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Say it isn't so

the difference would be pretty obvious if they used the same compression routine. AACplus can do some amazing stuff at a low bitrate...
    2001 Camaro SS
    EFILive Custom OS3

Lifetime Member

But AAC is Mac = the DEVIL!!! Haha jk, I just converted my 8 thousand some songs from .wma to .mp3 so I could use my flipping iPod, so irritating that the iPod decoder can decode .wma's but Apple disabled it.
    ~Erik~
    2013 Sonic RS Manual - 1.4L I4T E78, tuned, turbo mods, etc.
    2008 TrailBlazer SS 3SS AWD Summit White - LS2 E67/T42, bolt ons, suspension, etc.
    2002 Chevy TrailBlazer LT 4X4 Summit White - 4.2L I6 P10, lifted, wheels, etc.

AAC = MP4

iTunes and Rhapsody are native mp4 players.

Rename to your m4a and you can play with any mp4 player.....

I would be wma's are proprietary to Microsoft and only blessed applications like WMP and Zune's can play it.

WMA's are far more limiting than AAC's..... I despise wma's.....

Quote Originally Posted by ScarabEpic22 View Post
    But AAC is Mac = the DEVIL!!! Haha jk, I just converted my 8 thousand some songs from .wma to .mp3 so I could use my flipping iPod, so irritating that the iPod decoder can decode .wma's but Apple disabled it.
    I owned a Ford once, ONCE.......

I always convert to MP3 or buy MP3s.
    gomusicnow
    512k RoadRunner Firmware 12.14R
    FlashScan V2 Bootblock V2.07.04 Firmware V2.07.22 EFILive V7.5.7 (Build 191) V8.2.1 (Build 181)
    LC-1 WBO2

Quote Originally Posted by Tordne View Post
    I'm almost scared to tell you in case you are disappointed
    Ok, we'll let you off, it's not too bad. I listen to all extremes and styles of music too, as long as it's not in the Top 10 then I'll probably like it.

Quote Originally Posted by ScarabEpic22 View Post
    But AAC is Mac = the DEVIL!!!
    I'm with you on that one, I would never convert anything I had over to an Apple format.
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by N0DIH View Post
    AAC = MP4

iTunes and Rhapsody are native mp4 players.

Rename to your m4a and you can play with any mp4 player.....

I would be wma's are proprietary to Microsoft and only blessed applications like WMP and Zune's can play it.

WMA's are far more limiting than AAC's..... I despise wma's.....
    I agree and you are correct but AAC is still a Mac format. Yes WMA is Microsoft and more limited but every mp3 player Ive had up til now can play them except the iPod. Archos, Zen x2, Rio.
    ~Erik~
    2013 Sonic RS Manual - 1.4L I4T E78, tuned, turbo mods, etc.
    2008 TrailBlazer SS 3SS AWD Summit White - LS2 E67/T42, bolt ons, suspension, etc.
    2002 Chevy TrailBlazer LT 4X4 Summit White - 4.2L I6 P10, lifted, wheels, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by GMPX View Post
    There is also the extremes, people that will spend $500 on 20ft of speaker cable because it sounds better, good luck to them if they can hear it.

It just seems funny to me knowing that some sound engineer has spent weeks perfecting the sound on a CD only to find people can't even pick the difference between mp3's encoded at 48kbs or 160kbs. Personally, 160kbs is about the bottom limit I would accept.

Also, you know the car is the worst environment for good sound reproduction, it's all about 15" subs and max dB.
    And some of your best customers spend months on a perfectly fine VE table.. lol

Lifetime Member

WOW,
    I'm happy when I get the antenna JUST RIGHT on my garage AM radio.

Jeff
    98 GMC RCSB 2WD, Internally stock 305 w/Twin T-3 junkyard Turbos,4L80e,Ramjet intake,42lb.inj., 0411PCM, COS3,4675LBS w/me in it. Best Time on 5 passes-13.01@110

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12