Thread: '00 7.4 Silverado K2500

Default '00 7.4 Silverado K2500

I need some help getting more power from a '00 big block. My bro in law just bought one, he wants more power. But it has 188K on it. I was going to start with taking off torque managment and egr. I don't know how much timing or fuel I can run. Also, making the shifts firmer... I have looked @ some 6.0 tunes... Don't want to 411 this truck, too much work.

I own a Dmax, so gas tuning is foreign to me... I don't want to melt and spark knocked pistons...

Thanks
    2007 Classic 2500HD ECSB Silver
    EFI LIVE tuned by Nick www.duramaxtuner.com
    FS2500,

I believe these motors really need a cam and heads to make any decent power.
    Howard

YOU ONLY NEED TWO TOOLS IN LIFE - WD-40 AND DUCT TAPE. IF IT DOESN'T
    MOVE AND SHOULD, USE THE WD-40. IF IT SHOULDN'T MOVE AND DOES, USE THE
    DUCT TAPE.
    IF YOU CAN'T FIX IT WITH A HAMMER, YOU'VE GOT AN ELECTRICAL PROBLEM.

98 K1500 'HOLDEN' Suburban.
    Custom Whipple SC, Mercruiser Marine intake, 0411 PCM, 4L80E w/shift kit

Your gains will be very small compared to what you are used to seeing in the diesel world, lucky to get 10-15hp with a good tune. That motor could just about use larger injectors without any mods. IMO the 411 conversion is the only way to go. I just completed one and it is not too much work, simply swap the sires over and tune it. Hquick is correct however if you start playing with cams/heads/injectors the 411 swap is the only way to go for sure. Do you have a WBO2 sensor, if not get one you will need it.

Quote Originally Posted by Stamm1 View Post
    I need some help getting more power from a '00 big block. My bro in law just bought one, he wants more power. But it has 188K on it. I was going to start with taking off torque managment and egr. I don't know how much timing or fuel I can run. Also, making the shifts firmer... I have looked @ some 6.0 tunes... Don't want to 411 this truck, too much work.

I own a Dmax, so gas tuning is foreign to me... I don't want to melt and spark knocked pistons...

Thanks
    04 2500, LLY/A, 4x4, CC, SB, 285 Toyo's, Amsoil lubes, Access Roll-up Tonneau, ATS Stage 2 trans, ATS 5 Star Converter, Bilstein's, Caltracs bars, Cognito Braces, EFILive, Kennedy Diesel Custom Tuning, Kennedy Diesel headlight harness, Kennedy Dual Lift Pump/Filter combo, Prodigy brake controller, Spa DG 211, Trippin Cyclops overhead gauge mount, , TTS 4" Exhaust, TTS Xtreme Beta, Amsoil Ea filters, Banks CAI