Thread: I'm looking

Default I'm looking

I'm trying to find a good scanning software I have taken some time off to do something different.
    I think I could do something with this and make a little money too.
    I do have auto tap and have become pretty good at finding problems with it.
    will my autotap work with it?
    will this work with any odb2 system?
    I know a few people in the boating industry that could use help.
    the autotap works fine but it can be better. And I must admit the idea "Tuning"
    I like this software it looks more flashy for the client.
    I have been playing with the included logs. haven't had the chance to hook it up yet.
    Thanx

Hi Alexo1us,

The EFILive software works with some versions of AutoTap cable for logging/scanning only... you have to be specific which AT you have.

For tuning/flashing, you would need the FlashScan V1 or FlashScan V2 hardware which includes a module/cable which connects vehicle to laptop... the AutoTap cable does not support flashing.

FSV1 or FSV2 depending on which vehicle/year/model/PCM/ECM/TCM you wanted to flash.

FSV1 and FSV2 work with OBD-II.

V7 software works with OBD-II, and it supports scanning, logging pids, reading/editing/flashing calibrations.

FSV1 supports black box logging.
    FSV2 supports black box logging, black box read (of calibration), and soon black box flash (o calibration).
    FSV2 also supports OBD-II scanning (all modes), including display of DTC descriptions, and saving scans to file.

With FSV1 or FSV2 you will be logging using the EFILive V7 software which has quite a few features over the AT software.

The AT cable does not allow you to flash.
    Last edited by joecar; October 21st, 2009 at 10:20 AM.

I have the usb version. Just now I only want to scan I think i need more learning on how they work stock before i start changing anything.
    If i like it I'll get the v2 and get all of the features
    thanx

EFILive Developer Site Admin Blacky's Avatar

The USB version (the red cable) will work with EFILive V7.

We no longer sell EFILive-AutoTap licenses for the V7 software but send me an email with your AutoTap cable's serial number to paul@efilive.com and I'll let you know what we can provide.

Regards
    Paul
    Before asking for help, please read this.

Sent
    I wanted to say I did get version 6 with my device

First I want to say Thanx to Paul for getting me fixed up. And the support is much better then the BB support I get that I paid for.
    This alone makes EFILive a much better deal.

I do have a question when I start the scan I get usb drivers not installed. when I plug in my ATUSB device they are loading in device manager and when I use my AT program it works fine but i cannot seem to find it in efilive scan or tune.
    I did down load the AT driver from the site but I haven't installed them yet since the AT drivers I have seem to be newer and they work for my AT.
    But having said this it could be that your drivers have code that allow the software to see it but didn't want to change them until I got some more info I do not want to lose my AT at this time as I will be doing alot of scaning on boats next week. and do not want to have issues infront of possible new client..
    any thoughts would be appreciated
    Alex
    I should say I'm on Vista Ult
    Last edited by Alexo1us; October 23rd, 2009 at 06:56 AM. Reason: add text

EFILive Developer Site Admin Blacky's Avatar

The V75 software assumes that you are (or will be) using a FlashScan device. And so it tries to pre-load a dll as part of the FlashScan driver setup - even before a FlashScan is plugged in. So if you are using an AutoTap cable, you'll still need to have that dll available to the EFILive software.

Since you can't install the FlashScan drivers without the FlashScan hardware you'll need to copy the file manually.

The file you need to copy is called ftd2xx.dll and can be found here:
    C:\Program Files\EFILive\Drivers\EFILive\Win-2K-XP-Vista\i386\ftd2xx.dll

Copy ftd2xx.dll to the folder:
    C:\Windows\System32

That will fool the EFILive software into thinking the FlashScan drivers are installed. Then restart the EFILive software and it will stop complaining about the non-installed drivers.

Regards
    Paul
    Before asking for help, please read this.

That cleared the error thanx
    Now to hook it up and see what happens
    Thanx again