Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: help with DSP

Default help with DSP

i upgraded to the build 99 and stuff but when i go to custom OS theres nothing in there??? but if i look in the file they seem to be there??? can some one plz shead some light for me thanks and also when i do a full reflash with the ecm in the truck what exactly do i need to do i seem isolate the class2 or sumthing and about a star connection or something ??? im confused can someone plz help me out i dont have the money for a bench harness thanks alot ppl
    2006 Chevy Ext Cab SB 2500 LBZ 4x4 EFI LIVE w/ Turbo brake
    5" stacks egr blocked no kitty 285/70/17 nitto terra grapplers fass pump custom air intake tru trac diff in rear water/meth inj. race fuel valve

2001 Chevy Std cab 12' ultility bed with pipe rack 3500 2wd LB7 with 6 spd manual custom exhaust system and ppe boost increase valve

Duramax ROCKS

Lifetime Member

First problem. The V2 needs to be plugged in, in order to upgrade the OS. then once that is done you no longer need the V2 plugged in to make modifications to the .tun file you created.

When full flashing you don't need to do anything to the onstar or pull fuses that was a LLY and LB7 thing. '06 and newer trucks use a dedicated GMLAN and not the Class2 databus to flash. The only things on the GMLAN is the TCM and ECM, nothing to worry about.

It would also probably be a good idea to familiarize your self with the PDF document that is provided with the beta software as it is the upgrading tutorial.
    '07 TBSS, LS2, T42, 3SS, Black on Black on Black, Pretty much stock at the moment. EFILive will fix that

'06 LBZ/Allison 6speed, EC, LB, 1LT, Leather
    Current Mods: EFI Live/ PTO High Idle Mod/ Factory Exhaust Brake / BD Full Bore/ TransGo Jr./ TTS Twin Lift Pumps/ MBRP 4" turbo back/ Custom air box mod/ BullyDog Outlook Monitor

465hp/1008tq---7/25/09---Dyno Day Fast Specialties Tuning by ME

ok ill try plugging the V2 in and let u know but for full flashing on the LBZ i just need to turn off my radio and stuff like that and do a full flash and no harm done??? correct? ill get back with u in a min on the update thing cuz i updated everything and repulled the tune from my truck and still no luck on custom OS but ill try again .. thanks
    5" stacks egr blocked no kitty 285/70/17 nitto terra grapplers fass pump custom air intake tru trac diff in rear water/meth inj. race fuel valve

2001 Chevy Std cab 12' ultility bed with pipe rack 3500 2wd LB7 with 6 spd manual custom exhaust system and ppe boost increase valve

Duramax ROCKS

ok plugged V2 into my computer and still no luck on custom os showing up?? i have updated the V2 and scan and tune and tune and explorer. i dont know what i did wrong? should i maybe try to reinstall the update?? or restart my computer maybe?? thanks

Duramax ROCKS

Lifetime Member

The tune file that you save from you truck is all you need. the V2 needs to be plugged in before you open the .tun file. then it will work.

No you DO NOT have to do anything special to flash the truck. EFI flashes the ECM on the GMLAN where the only things listening are the TCM and ECM. no other precautions are need to flash.
    '07 TBSS, LS2, T42, 3SS, Black on Black on Black, Pretty much stock at the moment. EFILive will fix that

Current Mods: EFI Live/ PTO High Idle Mod/ Factory Exhaust Brake / BD Full Bore/ TransGo Jr./ TTS Twin Lift Pumps/ MBRP 4" turbo back/ Custom air box mod/ BullyDog Outlook Monitor

ok thanks i feel comfortable reflashing now but still no luck with custom OS idk what im doing wrong do i need to plug the V2 into the truck also and the computer for it to show up?? this is exactly what i did.. i updated everything twice now restarted my compouter and pulled the tune out of my truck now im in the housewith the V2 plugged into my computer and still no luck whatsoever i have to be missing something .. do i need to do a full reflash of my stock tune?? then try it i dont know man i really appreciate you hleping me alot thank you

Duramax ROCKS

Lifetime Member

have you saved the tune file to the computer? this is something that you have to do. download tune from truck>>>save the file to the computer>>>close EFI tune window>>>plug V2 in computer>>>>open saved tune file>>>>then upgrade OS. if that doesn't work you do not have the .calz files in the correct place.

ok now were getting somewhere... i done all that but the .calz files?? where are they and were do they need to be at thanks so much

Duramax ROCKS

Lifetime Member

look at "program files/efilive/7.5/calibrations/E35 and check to see if you have a folder called "custom" and within that folder do you have a bunch of files in it? and in the E35 folder check the date of creation on the OS that you have.

i cant even find the calibration folder?? i found the bins folder with custom os in it but theres no E35. i done a search for the folder and still cant find it i guess im just screwed

Duramax ROCKS

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast