Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: help with DSP

Quote Originally Posted by bballer182 View Post
    yes base is usually the hight HP tune and 4 is usually the lowest
    I am producing a new series of switches that make this pattern intuitive.

One of them is a 5 position switchlock with key. The other is a 6-pos, 2 circuit switch, that will control another device on pos 6.
    Michael, Systems Engineer 04.5 D-max LLY, Phoenix, Arizona Email
    Custom Tuning Services
    DURAMAX/CUMMINS ECM's TCM's for sale, all years, 20% wholesale discount available
    EFILive's first VGT "Software Wastegate Tune"

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by killerbee View Post
    I am producing a new series of switches that make this pattern intuitive.

One of them is a 5 position switchlock with key. The other is a 6-pos, 2 circuit switch, that will control another device on pos 6.
    Yeah SoCal pretty much had the corner of the market for DSP switches, and he made his backwards form a logic standpoint. So thats how i make mine.. Base is last all the way to the right and stock is all the way to the left... Like turning up the volume...

and now since i suggested that he has released a new design... opposite of what he way producing before...

It started with a thread in the Beta forum about 2 months ago...
    Last edited by bballer182; October 22nd, 2009 at 12:59 PM.
    '07 TBSS, LS2, T42, 3SS, Black on Black on Black, Pretty much stock at the moment. EFILive will fix that

'06 LBZ/Allison 6speed, EC, LB, 1LT, Leather
    Current Mods: EFI Live/ PTO High Idle Mod/ Factory Exhaust Brake / BD Full Bore/ TransGo Jr./ TTS Twin Lift Pumps/ MBRP 4" turbo back/ Custom air box mod/ BullyDog Outlook Monitor

465hp/1008tq---7/25/09---Dyno Day Fast Specialties Tuning by ME

I told him I thought of it first, 3 months ago, LOL.
    Custom Tuning Services
    DURAMAX/CUMMINS ECM's TCM's for sale, all years, 20% wholesale discount available

Lifetime Member

I told him I thought of it first, 3 months ago, LOL.
    Yeah he never commented when i said something about it either...
    '07 TBSS, LS2, T42, 3SS, Black on Black on Black, Pretty much stock at the moment. EFILive will fix that

Current Mods: EFI Live/ PTO High Idle Mod/ Factory Exhaust Brake / BD Full Bore/ TransGo Jr./ TTS Twin Lift Pumps/ MBRP 4" turbo back/ Custom air box mod/ BullyDog Outlook Monitor

I am not criticizing anyone though. If I weren't doing the keylock project, something I wanted to do about a year ago, I would have just left it alone.
    Custom Tuning Services

Lifetime Member

I am not criticizing anyone though. If I weren't doing the keylock project, something I wanted to do about a year ago, I would have just left it alone.
    Yeah me either, i'm just sayin....

Keep in mind what I had said about the logic flow of the DSP switch position check, if you start producing switches that don't work the same way the ECM determines the DSP position you probably won't be able to select all the tunes. I had also mentioned that the ECM will use the factory table locations (non DSP) when the voltage is at it's highest, given that, this should be the tune you want should the switch ever go faulty (open circuit).
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by GMPX View Post
    Keep in mind what I had said about the logic flow of the DSP switch position check, if you start producing switches that don't work the same way the ECM determines the DSP position you probably won't be able to select all the tunes. I had also mentioned that the ECM will use the factory table locations (non DSP) when the voltage is at it's highest, given that, this should be the tune you want should the switch ever go faulty (open circuit).
    Right. I have considered that and it is much easier to do it this way, rather than taking all the limiting tables from a big tune and pasting them to a stock tune just so the big tune doesn't get limited by the stocker some how. And besides that i run the big tune on a daily basis and am completely fine it the switch faulted some how....

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234