Thread: LBZ/Allison no transmission in navigator?

Default LBZ/Allison no transmission in navigator?

I'm new to EFI Live and wanted to look at transmission tuning but there's no trans icon in navigator. When I click on the two gears that says "Engine" behind it, it says "NOT USED, this segment not used in the Duramax LB7 ECM" at the bottom of the navigator box. Maybe this is a dumb question, but I'm lost. Thanks for your help.

Lifetime Member

You need to read the TCM tune to tune it.. It;s not in the PCM like a gasser. So when you go to read the tune instead of reading the LB7 ECM in the pull down menu select LBY/LLY Allison TCM instead.
    '07 TBSS, LS2, T42, 3SS, Black on Black on Black, Pretty much stock at the moment. EFILive will fix that

'06 LBZ/Allison 6speed, EC, LB, 1LT, Leather
    Current Mods: EFI Live/ PTO High Idle Mod/ Factory Exhaust Brake / BD Full Bore/ TransGo Jr./ TTS Twin Lift Pumps/ MBRP 4" turbo back/ Custom air box mod/ BullyDog Outlook Monitor

465hp/1008tq---7/25/09---Dyno Day Fast Specialties Tuning by ME

Lifetime Member

Wait do you have an LBZ or LB7. you say LB7 in the post but in the thread title you say LBZ?????
    '07 TBSS, LS2, T42, 3SS, Black on Black on Black, Pretty much stock at the moment. EFILive will fix that

Current Mods: EFI Live/ PTO High Idle Mod/ Factory Exhaust Brake / BD Full Bore/ TransGo Jr./ TTS Twin Lift Pumps/ MBRP 4" turbo back/ Custom air box mod/ BullyDog Outlook Monitor

LBZ, that's why I'm confused

Lifetime Member

when you read select LBZ ECM then LBZ/LMM Allison TCM...

Ok, I got it now, thanks!