Quote Originally Posted by GMC-2002-Dmax View Post
If you find the table Ross I am sure it will wind up like the TQ elimination table D5197 that was abused by some that masked their sloppy tuning on the ecm side on shift quality.

I predict some broken input shafts and major carnage when both are used together.........
Actually Tony I kinda disagree on this part...I think it will be EASIER on hard parts if we can get the converter to lock ASAP before the input vs. turbine speed difference jumps too far apart.

Think about it; locking the converter when the input speed is 3700rpm and turbine speed is 3000rpm is going to be a LOT more harsh than locking the converter when the input speed is 3000rpm and the turbine speed is 2900rpm...

Thats the whole reason allison put this inhibit table in; they want the turbine vs input speed difference to be fairly low before the converter is allowed to lock. The problem is we go past this threshold so fast that before the TCM even has an idea of whats going on, its too late...

I think in addition to the basic "input vs turbine speed difference" lockup inhibit table, there is also another modifier based on trans temp. AND MAYBE another modifier based on the rate at which the engine is "getting away" from the converter. IE, if the converter isnt coupling fast enough and the input speed is climbing "away" from the turbine speed at over X rpm per second, it also inhibits lockup...

Just trying to cover all bases and think of everything that I can in order to help Ross find these mystery tables...

ben