Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: EFI Crew Please!!! TCM Table

Quote Originally Posted by Randy5.0 View Post
    My 1054 will lock up, but right about at the 3-4 shift. I still would like to be able to lock it up with EFI in 2nd without a co-pilot or controller.
    x1,000,000
    2005 Silverado, CC/SB, 4x4, LT, LILLY/Allison
    12.9s @ 108 mph

many thanks to Ross and Paul

Log the TCM and you can sometimes see the attempt to lock the TC and then the failure to lock it up.

If you get the lockup when you want it you will probably pull the truck down off the charger more frequently.

On some trucks I have tuned with big singles if you do not push the TC lockup out to higher rpms/TPS% you can pull the rpms down quick enough to bark the charger on lock-up...................

Ben,

Your truck doesn't make enough power to overpower a TC..........., so I think you need the switch..........
    www.mscservices.net

Tuner of many, many Duramax and Cummins Diesels.

I must confess that we haven't invested a great deal of time on additional Allison tables because most people choose to use the co-pilot, which from where I sit appears to solve all the problems associated with high power trucks?
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Yes it does but I would belive to be able to tune the lock up with tunning would be more benifical for everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by GMPX View Post
    I must confess that we haven't invested a great deal of time on additional Allison tables because most people choose to use the co-pilot, which from where I sit appears to solve all the problems associated with high power trucks?
    I wouldn't say most. And I bet if they had the alternative, they'd rather do it right with EFI Live. Sort of like a comparison between EFI and box tuners. There's a way that works, and a way that works right.

I just swapped converters for one that is supposed to lock at the right time and I still have issues...... $$$$$ ........ We need this, it is one of the most needed tables IMO

Quote Originally Posted by GMPX View Post
    But there really wasn't a choice in the matter, if you wanted the converter to lock up on time it was the only option that was presented as a fix. It is also kind of a bandaid approach to the lock up problem. It is sometimes easier and quicker to force something on mechanically than it is to do it the correct way with programming. Racers do that out of necessity all the time. It would be better all the way around if it was done with EFILive. One less device that you would have to monitor while your concentrating on other things like racing and it would be easier to troubleshoot a problem if you could just look at a log for reference. JMOP. I work on integrated electronic controls for a living, so of course this would be my preference on how to handle lock up.
    2007 LBZ 7.59 @ 90mph 1/8.

I agree I dont think the co piolt is the correct answer. PLus spending another 1000 plus labor to put a co piolt in just so the converter will lock kinda blows.

If EFILive supplies the table/tables, how long will the convertor clutches will hold up? Will we begin seeing convertors unable to lock up under any circumstances because the convertor clutches are junk????
    04 2500, LLY/A, 4x4, CC, SB, 285 Toyo's, Amsoil lubes, Access Roll-up Tonneau, ATS Stage 2 trans, ATS 5 Star Converter, Bilstein's, Caltracs bars, Cognito Braces, EFILive, Kennedy Diesel Custom Tuning, Kennedy Diesel headlight harness, Kennedy Dual Lift Pump/Filter combo, Prodigy brake controller, Spa DG 211, Trippin Cyclops overhead gauge mount, , TTS 4" Exhaust, TTS Xtreme Beta, Amsoil Ea filters, Banks CAI

Quote Originally Posted by Racehemi View Post
    If EFILive supplies the table/tables, how long will the convertor clutches will hold up? Will we begin seeing convertors unable to lock up under any circumstances because the convertor clutches are junk????
    ?????? That's a risk you take with any programming. That's like saying if you release EFI Live, people are going to blow up their motors. The answer is, don't be an idiot. I think most will go conservative and watch to see where people tend to fry them. And I'm sure some will while pushing the envelope, that's racing.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast