Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: EFI Crew Please!!! TCM Table

Quote Originally Posted by Sparky8370 View Post
    ?????? That's a risk you take with any programming. That's like saying if you release EFI Live, people are going to blow up their motors. You don not know me very well, that is NOT what I was implying! The answer is, don't be an idiot. I think most will go conservative and watch to see where people tend to fry them. And I'm sure some will while pushing the envelope, that's racing.
    It is a legitimate question and I think you misunderstood me. I have slipped a few clutches in my day and it usually means that once they have been slipped they only get easier to slip each additional time that you beat on them.
    04 2500, LLY/A, 4x4, CC, SB, 285 Toyo's, Amsoil lubes, Access Roll-up Tonneau, ATS Stage 2 trans, ATS 5 Star Converter, Bilstein's, Caltracs bars, Cognito Braces, EFILive, Kennedy Diesel Custom Tuning, Kennedy Diesel headlight harness, Kennedy Dual Lift Pump/Filter combo, Prodigy brake controller, Spa DG 211, Trippin Cyclops overhead gauge mount, , TTS 4" Exhaust, TTS Xtreme Beta, Amsoil Ea filters, Banks CAI

Quote Originally Posted by Racehemi View Post
    If EFILive supplies the table/tables, how long will the convertor clutches will hold up? Will we begin seeing convertors unable to lock up under any circumstances because the convertor clutches are junk????
    It wouldn't be any worse than what the CO-PILOT or ALLYLOCKER that people are currently using.
    1995 GMC 2500 SUBURBAN powered by 01 DURAMAX/ALLISON, little of this, a little of that,
    DIAMONDEYE 4" exhaust, CORSA muffler, AFE stage 1 dry filter, custom tuning by me, KENNEDY single pump and pump rub kit.

Quote Originally Posted by Sparky8370 View Post
    ?????? That's a risk you take with any programming. That's like saying if you release EFI Live, people are going to blow up their motors. The answer is, don't be an idiot. I think most will go conservative and watch to see where people tend to fry them. And I'm sure some will while pushing the envelope, that's racing.
    Whenever you turn up the power you risk damage. Allison built in protections for the transmission, we built a stronger transmission, but it can still be damaged.

I have a Co-Pilot, I do not use it for daily driving or tune testing and my original 1050 TC was never an issue racing, but I had a Co-Pilot, my new ML has always locked up firm without the Co-Pilot and again, no problems with the SC-1054.

If Ross does find the tables and releases them it still will not duplicate what a Co-Pilot does mechanically due to the way it diverts main line pressure, so it will not work the same as a Co-Pilot will.

I do not know how the Ally-Locker works, but if it does in fact lock the TC and people are not breaking TC's then if Ross finds the tables I think it would be fine, unless guys start snapping stock input shafts..............

Quote Originally Posted by THEFERMANATOR View Post
    It wouldn't be any worse than what the CO-PILOT or ALLYLOCKER that people are currently using.
    Probably not,

www.mscservices.net

Tuner of many, many Duramax and Cummins Diesels.

It is a legitimate question and I think you misunderstood me. I have slipped a few clutches in my day and it usually means that once they have been slipped they only get easier to slip each additional time that you beat on them.
    I thought what you were saying is it would not be a good idea to find these tables because it would somehow cause people to damage their transmissions.

If EFILive supplies the table/tables, how long will the convertor clutches will hold up? Will we begin seeing convertors unable to lock up under any circumstances because the convertor clutches are junk????

It cant Be any worse then heaveing the truck up to 3700 rpm at WOT still not locking then letting off and haveing it lock IMo if done right it may help save the converters. I just want it to lock where it suposed to nothing more nothing less. I dont think most guys are looking for a co piolt replacement as that does something difrrent. Just to have a converter that locks when it should. To me this is almost as big as dsp for LBZ/LMM

Is it possible there are other undisclosed tables can also control line pressure? I am admittedly ignorant of the hardware limtations to such a notion.
    Michael, Systems Engineer 04.5 D-max LLY, Phoenix, Arizona Email
    Custom Tuning Services
    DURAMAX/CUMMINS ECM's TCM's for sale, all years, 20% wholesale discount available
    EFILive's first VGT "Software Wastegate Tune"

Quote Originally Posted by fire0021 View Post
    to me this is almost as big as dsp for lbz/lmm
    x2!!!!!!

[QUOTE=
    If Ross does find the tables and releases them it still will not duplicate what a Co-Pilot does mechanically due to the way it diverts main line pressure, so it will not work the same as a Co-Pilot will.

I do not know how the Ally-Locker works, but if it does in fact lock the TC and people are not breaking TC's then if Ross finds the tables I think it would be fine, unless guys start snapping stock input shafts..............
    QUOTE]
    "Copilot unlocks the gain valves and that can make the Alli suseptable to spike pressures. I like this idea much better."
    That comes directly from a post by Mike L. He was commenting on an electrical lockup controller being better than a co-pilot. Again, this leads me to believe that these missing tables would be the best overall means to control lockup.
    I know the EFI crew are all working hard, but I hope they can get to us some time on this as I feel it is just as important as anything else.
    2007 LBZ 7.59 @ 90mph 1/8.

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by killerbee View Post
    Is it possible there are other undisclosed tables can also control line pressure? I am admittedly ignorant of the hardware limtations to such a notion.
    AFAIK, the only way to do that is with a co-pilot, because it actually adds hardware to the transmission to boost line pressure. Could be wrong though.
    '07 TBSS, LS2, T42, 3SS, Black on Black on Black, Pretty much stock at the moment. EFILive will fix that

'06 LBZ/Allison 6speed, EC, LB, 1LT, Leather
    Current Mods: EFI Live/ PTO High Idle Mod/ Factory Exhaust Brake / BD Full Bore/ TransGo Jr./ TTS Twin Lift Pumps/ MBRP 4" turbo back/ Custom air box mod/ BullyDog Outlook Monitor

465hp/1008tq---7/25/09---Dyno Day Fast Specialties Tuning by ME

Don't get the wrong idea, I am all for new tables or missing tables.

As far as a Co-Pilot, mine works fine, IMHO it was worth 2/10's of a second at the track, and it has never given me any problems.

www.mscservices.net

Tuner of many, many Duramax and Cummins Diesels.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast