Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: EFI Crew Please!!! TCM Table

Default EFI Crew Please!!! TCM Table

I know Ben had brought this up before in the past and now it seems we need this more than ever with all the high hp trucks. Our TCM isn't allowing lock up when we want it because of the slip it sees. We need to be able to tune this table to what we are looking for per truck. Is there any way you guys could dig into our tcm and find the table that is limitting us on when our converter lock up occurs? All models are in need. It would be greatly appreciated if this could happen. We all know you guys/gals are very busy. Thanks for any insight on this for us!

Lifetime Member

This probably should have been posted in the Allison sub-forum, but...

http://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?t=11786

thats just another table to look for...
    '07 TBSS, LS2, T42, 3SS, Black on Black on Black, Pretty much stock at the moment. EFILive will fix that

'06 LBZ/Allison 6speed, EC, LB, 1LT, Leather
    Current Mods: EFI Live/ PTO High Idle Mod/ Factory Exhaust Brake / BD Full Bore/ TransGo Jr./ TTS Twin Lift Pumps/ MBRP 4" turbo back/ Custom air box mod/ BullyDog Outlook Monitor

465hp/1008tq---7/25/09---Dyno Day Fast Specialties Tuning by ME

This problem has more to do with Converter choice than tuning.

Too loose of a converter and the slip rpm vs. lock-up rpm gets too great and the tcm will not allow a lock up to occur.

You are correct the high hp trucks do blow through the converters, especially when you have a big single and are trying to go with a loose TC to get the charger to light quicker.

Tony
    www.mscservices.net

Tuner of many, many Duramax and Cummins Diesels.

Quote Originally Posted by GMC-2002-Dmax View Post
    This problem has more to do with Converter choice than tuning.

Too loose of a converter
    and the slip rpm vs. lock-up rpm gets too great and the tcm will not allow a lock up to occur.

You are correct the high hp trucks do blow through the converters, especially when you have a big single and are trying to go with a loose TC to get the charger to light quicker.

Tony
    The problem for alot of people is they where directed to use one converter an it turned out it will not lock up under wot conditions becuase of what you metioned above. so now there stuck with ditching a 1500 converter. or getting the tables to make the adjusment. this is happening with sc and some ats converters. In my case it was fine for about 3,000 miles untill the converter got broke in then no locky condition. so I agree if the table can be found it will be a huge asset and be much apreciated and also allow better adjusmtent and mor choices of converters.

Quote Originally Posted by SteveFord View Post
    I know Ben had brought this up before in the past and now it seems we need this more than ever with all the high hp trucks. Our TCM isn't allowing lock up when we want it because of the slip it sees. We need to be able to tune this table to what we are looking for per truck. Is there any way you guys could dig into our tcm and find the table that is limitting us on when our converter lock up occurs? All models are in need. It would be greatly appreciated if this could happen. We all know you guys/gals are very busy. Thanks for any insight on this for us!
    Steve heres a thread that I started in the allison section:

http://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?t=12166
    2005 Silverado, CC/SB, 4x4, LT, LILLY/Allison
    12.9s @ 108 mph

many thanks to Ross and Paul

Quote Originally Posted by fire0021 View Post
    The problem for alot of people is they where directed to use one converter an it turned out it will not lock up under wot conditions becuase of what you metioned above. so now there stuck with ditching a 1500 converter. or getting the tables to make the adjusment. this is happening with sc and some ats converters. In my case it was fine for about 3,000 miles untill the converter got broke in then no locky condition. so I agree if the table can be found it will be a huge asset and be much apreciated and also allow better adjusmtent and mor choices of converters.
    I have been tuning these trucks for over 4 years with big singles and twins, the big singles have trade-off's, they have little or no boost on the street and are generally pigs until they hit between 2500-3000 rpms.

You can try pushing part throttle shift points out to 2800-3000 rpm and WOT to 3600-4000 rpms in an effort to get on top of the turbo easier but slip rpm is still a problem under WOT and big power.

You can get them to lock, you have to play around with it, it is hit or miss unfortunately.

www.mscservices.net

slip rpm is still a problem under WOT and big power.

You can get them to lock, you have to play around with it, it is hit or miss unfortunately.

Been playing with it for 4 years (we both got efilive same time), thats why back in march/early 2006 my truck was running 108mph in the 1/4 mile...............but never better than high 12's. Because my converter wouldnt lock. My 1/8 mile times were basically what a stock LBZ runs.

You are cheating because you have a co-pilot mister!

Suncoast just screwed me with this converter "refresh". Either they didnt even refresh it, or they gave me back some piece of crap thats not a 1057. I have 25,000 miles on it of a friggin STOCK tune (well, stock, but with dipper injectors) and I can easily stall it to 2500rpm before it walks through the brakes. So my converter is "loose", and yeah, Id like that fixed/to get a converter thats not JUNK, but I dont have the money now....so the next best thing would be for EFILive to find this anti-lockup table.

ben
    12.9s @ 108 mph

Quote Originally Posted by DURAtotheMAX View Post
    Been playing with it for 4 years (we both got efilive same time), thats why back in march/early 2006 my truck was running 108mph in the 1/4 mile...............but never better than high 12's. Because my converter wouldnt lock. My 1/8 mile times were basically what a stock LBZ runs.

You are cheating because you have a co-pilot mister!

Suncoast just screwed me with this converter "refresh". Either they didnt even refresh it, or they gave me back some piece of crap thats not a 1057. I have 25,000 miles on it of a friggin STOCK tune (well, stock, but with dipper injectors) and I can easily stall it to 2500rpm before it walks through the brakes. So my converter is "loose", and yeah, Id like that fixed/to get a converter thats not JUNK, but I dont have the money now....so the next best thing would be for EFILive to find this anti-lockup table.

ben
    No,

I run/test my LB7 stuff on the street without the Co-Pilot turned on, why you ask ???? Because not everyone has one, those that do are guaranteed a harsher lock-up and quicker track times usually.

My 2002 has a Precision ML/TC, never had a problem, my 2007 has a SC-IV/1054 built by Dipper, again no problem, and no Co-Pilot in the 2007.

I tell you what, stop by, I have some 14ga wire, a SPST switch and a Allison wiring diagram, we'll get you TC lock up.

Back to our regularly scheduled whining.....
    www.mscservices.net

I tell you what, stop by, I have some 14ga wire, a SPST switch and a Allison wiring diagram, we'll get you TC lock up.
    can you get me a "no-limp" after you do that though.

if I do the "manual" lockup switch...I get lockup right away, or if I command it with the tech 2.
    12.9s @ 108 mph

My 1054 will lock up, but right about at the 3-4 shift. I still would like to be able to lock it up with EFI in 2nd without a co-pilot or controller.
    2007 LBZ 7.59 @ 90mph 1/8.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast