Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: EFI Crew Please!!! TCM Table

Junior Member Danville Performance's Avatar

So far the Ally Locker from FPE has been the only fix I have found to get them to lock up when they need to. Several of my customer's with high horsepower pulling trucks with Copilots wouldn't lock the convertor till half track when the load dropped. Would be nice to have this in the TCM tuning but until then the Ally Locker is getting the job done.

Quote Originally Posted by Danville Performance View Post
    So far the Ally Locker from FPE has been the only fix I have found to get them to lock up when they need to. Several of my customer's with high horsepower pulling trucks with Copilots wouldn't lock the convertor till half track when the load dropped. Would be nice to have this in the TCM tuning but until then the Ally Locker is getting the job done.
    I would buy one of those before I would buy a co-pilot, but I can't find a price on FPE's website. How much are they? I would guess around $500, and like Ben said, it would be my luck that the tables would be discovered and released and make the new toy obsolete.
    2007 LBZ 7.59 @ 90mph 1/8.

The Co-Pilot is not a cure for lock-up issues on LBZ trucks with loose converters. The Ally Locker has worked well on my truck but It would still be very benefical to have the ability to work with the tables in question.
    2007 2wd RCLB LBZ w/6spd Alli
    Extra Air & Fuel
    Still tweaking

Lifetime Member

The AllyLockers are 450.00

Extra for realtime programmable version.

Quote Originally Posted by killerbee View Post
    Is it possible there are other undisclosed tables can also control line pressure? I am admittedly ignorant of the hardware limtations to such a notion.
    Line pressure is mechanically fixed with a spring. The only way to change it or raise it is with a shim on the stock spring(Suncoast) or change to a heavier spring like the one ATS sells. Ford transmissions have the ability to raise or lower the line pressure electronically which is cool, that's one of the reasons the 6.4 trucks don't have to do trans mods before they add power.

Bump to the top to beg some more. Please guys, Pretty please can you look for the table to help us out.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Randy5.0 View Post
    Bump to the top to beg some more. Please guys, Pretty please can you look for the table to help us out.

Thanks
    Yeah, it's on the list, but so are lots of other things
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Quote Originally Posted by GMPX View Post
    Yeah, it's on the list, but so are lots of other things
    Thank you so much. If you need me to log anything to help out, just let me know. I wish I could help you out more.

Thanks, Randy

Quote Originally Posted by Randy5.0 View Post
    Thank you so much. If you need me to log anything to help out, just let me know. I wish I could help you out more.

Thanks, Randy
    Ross let me know if you need me to log anything/test anything as well for 5-speed stuff...ive been battling this issue for years and know the allison TCM's lockup inhibit quirks inside and out.

ben
    2005 Silverado, CC/SB, 4x4, LT, LILLY/Allison
    12.9s @ 108 mph

many thanks to Ross and Paul

Just so I am clear on this, we have the TCC apply tables v's throttle. Are you saying that these are getting bypassed based on some slip ratio the TCM calculates?
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Quote Originally Posted by GMPX View Post
    Just so I am clear on this, we have the TCC apply tables v's throttle. Are you saying that these are getting bypassed based on some slip ratio the TCM calculates?
    There is an additional "override" table that dictates if turbine vs. input speed difference (slip) is over 600rpm, the TCM will not lock the converter. It doesnt care if D5010 and D5013 are set to 2mph or 200mph, if tcc slip rpm is over 600, its NOT going to lock.

This is from one of Ben's posts. Ben will be better at explaining it in detail. Hope this helps.
    Thanks, Randy

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast