Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: EFI Crew Please!!! TCM Table

Quote Originally Posted by GMC-2002-Dmax View Post
    If you find the table Ross I am sure it will wind up like the TQ elimination table D5197 that was abused by some that masked their sloppy tuning on the ecm side on shift quality.

I predict some broken input shafts and major carnage when both are used together.........
    Actually Tony I kinda disagree on this part...I think it will be EASIER on hard parts if we can get the converter to lock ASAP before the input vs. turbine speed difference jumps too far apart.

Think about it; locking the converter when the input speed is 3700rpm and turbine speed is 3000rpm is going to be a LOT more harsh than locking the converter when the input speed is 3000rpm and the turbine speed is 2900rpm...

Thats the whole reason allison put this inhibit table in; they want the turbine vs input speed difference to be fairly low before the converter is allowed to lock. The problem is we go past this threshold so fast that before the TCM even has an idea of whats going on, its too late...

I think in addition to the basic "input vs turbine speed difference" lockup inhibit table, there is also another modifier based on trans temp. AND MAYBE another modifier based on the rate at which the engine is "getting away" from the converter. IE, if the converter isnt coupling fast enough and the input speed is climbing "away" from the turbine speed at over X rpm per second, it also inhibits lockup...

Just trying to cover all bases and think of everything that I can in order to help Ross find these mystery tables...

ben
    2005 Silverado, CC/SB, 4x4, LT, LILLY/Allison
    12.9s @ 108 mph

many thanks to Ross and Paul

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by GMC-2002-Dmax View Post
    I think that Allison was in charge of writing the lock-up strategy for the Duramax/Allison Combo.

The table or "magic table" as it is called is not a problem on a stock truck with a stock converter, it is only a problem when you push the HP/TQ where we have pushed it too.

If the table is there I am sure there will be other related tables that need to be found as well.

If you find the table Ross I am sure it will wind up like the TQ elimination table D5197 that was abused by some that masked their sloppy tuning on the ecm side on shift quality.

I predict some broken input shafts and major carnage when both are used together.........

But I am all for new tables, the transmission shops will love it.

Just my 2 cents

How is the table going to be any different than using a CoPilot or AllyLocker to get lockup?

Quote Originally Posted by JoshH View Post
    How is the table going to be any different than using a CoPilot or AllyLocker to get lockup?
    I don't know how either are programmed, so you would need to ask ATS or Brayden for sure.

Maybe there is not difference, maybe there is.

But either way I suspect it will be good for some and bad for others, like the de-fuel disable table was, Ally Lockers and Co-Pilots don't disable TCM controls to my knowledge.

www.mscservices.net

Tuner of many, many Duramax and Cummins Diesels.

Quote Originally Posted by DURAtotheMAX View Post
    Actually Tony I kinda disagree on this part...I think it will be EASIER on hard parts if we can get the converter to lock ASAP before the input vs. turbine speed difference jumps too far apart.

Think about it; locking the converter when the input speed is 3700rpm and turbine speed is 3000rpm is going to be a LOT more harsh than locking the converter when the input speed is 3000rpm and the turbine speed is 2900rpm...

Thats the whole reason allison put this inhibit table in; they want the turbine vs input speed difference to be fairly low before the converter is allowed to lock. The problem is we go past this threshold so fast that before the TCM even has an idea of whats going on, its too late...

I think in addition to the basic "input vs turbine speed difference" lockup inhibit table, there is also another modifier based on trans temp. AND MAYBE another modifier based on the rate at which the engine is "getting away" from the converter. IE, if the converter isnt coupling fast enough and the input speed is climbing "away" from the turbine speed at over X rpm per second, it also inhibits lockup...

Just trying to cover all bases and think of everything that I can in order to help Ross find these mystery tables...

ben
    To answer your question Ben, if you cause TC lockup to occur too low in the rpm you get under the bigger charger trucks, the fix was a looser converter to allow rpms to climb quicker but still couple to help light the bigger charger trucks.

Your asking for something that in reality might help 500 HP trucks but will IMHO hurt the bigger singles, twinned trucks will probably be alright.

I am all for the table if Ross can find it, I just do not think it is the panacea you think it is, but if I am wrong I'll stand corrected.

www.mscservices.net

Tuner of many, many Duramax and Cummins Diesels.

With racing season coming up, I was wondering how this was progressing? Anything yet?
    2007 LBZ 7.59 @ 90mph 1/8.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456