Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: TCC lockup again

Default TCC lockup again

Ross- I know its been beaten to death....but now that DSP for the LBZ is done is there any chance in the next while that you might be able to dig into the allison TCM for that elusive table that inhibits TCC lockup if the slip rpm is above a certain value? If we could find this it would eliminate the need for a dedicated standalone lockup controller.

And any other tables in the TCM that might cause it to ignore the basic tcc apply tables that we already have? I think this is basically THE one last thing/table/inhibitor that we need to completely tame the confusing allison TCM...then we wont ask for anything more from the TCM, promise.

thanks
    Ben
    2005 Silverado, CC/SB, 4x4, LT, LILLY/Allison
    12.9s @ 108 mph

many thanks to Ross and Paul

Quote Originally Posted by DURAtotheMAX View Post
    Ross- I know its been beaten to death....but now that DSP for the LBZ is done is there any chance in the next while that you might be able to dig into the allison TCM for that elusive table that inhibits TCC lockup if the slip rpm is above a certain value? If we could find this it would eliminate the need for a dedicated standalone lockup controller.

And any other tables in the TCM that might cause it to ignore the basic tcc apply tables that we already have? I think this is basically THE one last thing/table/inhibitor that we need to completely tame the confusing allison TCM...then we wont ask for anything more from the TCM, promise.

thanks
    Ben
    x2 this would allow us with certain converters to make it work and lock under wot. and make for better tuneing of other converters. Also this is needed on LLY / LBZ / LMM tcms not sure if lb7 have this issue ?

Thanks Tommy

Other thread linking to this one: showthread.php?p=107211#post107211

As for lock-up tables, could you also try to find the one that controls converter unlock on decel(0% throttle) in normal shift mode? I'm running 3.42 gears in mine and it gets annoying that anytime I let off the throttle below 53-55 it unlocks the converter even though the release table is set to not release until 42-43 at 0% throttle. I've set mine so that it locks in around 46 for slow speed cruising, but whenever I let off the throttle completely it unlocks and then re-locks pretty quickly again when I ease back into it. I figured that this may in fact be part of the lock-up tables that control the WOT lock-up as well.
    1995 GMC 2500 SUBURBAN powered by 01 DURAMAX/ALLISON, little of this, a little of that,
    DIAMONDEYE 4" exhaust, CORSA muffler, AFE stage 1 dry filter, custom tuning by me, KENNEDY single pump and pump rub kit.

Got to do the 2009 TCM first.......it never ends
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

I am in need of this as well. Same thing, won't lock until 3-4 upshift WOT. Please help as soon as you can. Thanks
    Last edited by Randy5.0; October 23rd, 2009 at 05:06 PM. Reason: clarity

Quote Originally Posted by GMPX View Post
    Got to do the 2009 TCM first.......it never ends
    ahh just tell them to swap in a 2007-2008 TCM!
    2005 Silverado, CC/SB, 4x4, LT, LILLY/Allison
    12.9s @ 108 mph

many thanks to Ross and Paul

Lifetime Member

I thought I was lucky untill today with my 01os on my LLY with a 1056. I havent logged yet but it looks like my converter is deciding not to lock. Maybe this is the cause when sometimes it feels like I loose a lot of power.

Its the worst becuase when the converter dosent lock, it just goes no where and you just waste power heating up the converter and it just goes to really high rpms and justs sits there.

Anything yet?

Quote Originally Posted by SteveFord View Post
    Anything yet?
    X2 & ttt

maybe this can be done after the 09 TCM ?? please, pretty please. really dont want to spend the money on a ATS copilot if EFILive can do this.
    Making tires smoke since 1994
    Grand Junction CO

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast