Thread: sled pulling tune

Default sled pulling tune

What do I need to do for a sled pulling tune. I have heard to increase shift points in 4lo. I'm confused with the different tables (A-D), I was looking at shift points and there is MPH and RPM, which one do I want to change? And since there are separate ones for T/H and 4Lo, which one do I want to change. I always pulled before I had EFi in 4lo with T/H on. If i change the 4Lo shift points will I still want to pull in T/H or would that override my changes? Another question I have is about the description of the tables (A-D), they say the shift points I am changing are for when I am in "D", is there something else I should be looking at or is that just a general description? Are there things I should do with TC lockup also?..............new too EFI thx

Well you can eliminate some of your confusion,

Just decide what you want the tranny to perform like in 4low and tune it to your satisfaction without the worry of tow haul and the additonal tuning. Tow/haul affects TC lockup, if you like the feel of the lockup and the extra power to the ground, you can simply copy the TC lockup points over to your 4low TC lockup points for each gear, so you won't have to activate your tow haul button. And you'll want to tune shift points in "D" mode unless you're using "M" for manual mode. The different operating ranges consist of normal, hot tranny, tow haul, manual, etc. Your tranny should be operating in "normal" mode unless it overheats or limps (I'd leave those adjustments alone for protection), or if you're in manual mode or tow haul. Make sense? Let me know if I've confused you, I was new too my friend
    Peace Through Torque

Punisher Performance DSP5 Tuning, PPE Dual CP3's, 68mm Fleece Cheetah, Punisher Built trans w/ Suncoast Parts, Airdog 165, SoCal 100% Overs, ARP Studs

2013 NHRDA Sportsman World Champion

www.PunisherPerformance.com

ya that helped.......i normally put my truck in 3rd gear so i should tune in "M"???? sry i am extremly new to EFI its still in the MAIL!!!!!! lol shouls be here any day though....just asking lots of ????? and tryin to soak up as much as i can!!!!!!! thx for the help!!!

Yeah you'll want to tune the "M" range, up to 3rd gear or just 3rd gear, however you want to do it man. If you have any more questions I'll be glad to try and help out. Send me a private message and i'll give you my email too if you want.
    Peace Through Torque

Punisher Performance DSP5 Tuning, PPE Dual CP3's, 68mm Fleece Cheetah, Punisher Built trans w/ Suncoast Parts, Airdog 165, SoCal 100% Overs, ARP Studs

2013 NHRDA Sportsman World Champion

www.PunisherPerformance.com

will do thx
    EFI....SC IV,fass 150,sleeves, MBRP 4in TB,afe intake, shimmed rail, blocked egr,auto meter c2 gauges, home built trac bars,