Page 1 of 18 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Cummins development progresses

Default Cummins development progresses

Just in time for the SEMA Show, EFILive is pleased to announce Cummins 2006+ BBR (Black Box Reading). At present this software enhancement is in restricted BETA only.

A requirement of our new V8 software core is to allow us to adapt EFILive to any make of ECM rather than being tied to specific GM models.

On and off we have been spending R&D time on the Cummins Diesel ECM's (and others) inconjunction with our V8 software project. We've hit some hurdles along the way (including hardware issues), but have had some major wins as well. As our V8 software develops so will many other exciting projects.

At this point of time ONLY BBR reading functionality is being tested. We have no development time frame for tuning or scanning - this initial release is really to ensure our requirements for V8 work as designed. Our BETA test isn't being extended to anyone who currently isn't apart of our BETA program at this point of time.

Vehicles covered in this test include
    2006 - 2009 5.9L
    2007 - 2010 6.7L

So, if you're coming to SEMA come down to booth 21754 and discuss our Cummins developments with the EFILive team Ross and Paul will both be on hand to discuss our products, and while in the USA, they will also be doing extensive Cummins testing.

We plan to release this update in public once we are happy it's all working 100%.

Cheer,
    Ross
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

It's nice to see EFILive expanding supported vehicles.
    512k RoadRunner Firmware 12.14R
    FlashScan V2 Bootblock V2.07.04 Firmware V2.07.22 EFILive V7.5.7 (Build 191) V8.2.1 (Build 181)
    LC-1 WBO2

Lifetime Member

Wonder how many rental car places rent Cummins trucks...hehe
    ~Erik~
    2013 Sonic RS Manual - 1.4L I4T E78, tuned, turbo mods, etc.
    2008 TrailBlazer SS 3SS AWD Summit White - LS2 E67/T42, bolt ons, suspension, etc.
    2002 Chevy TrailBlazer LT 4X4 Summit White - 4.2L I6 P10, lifted, wheels, etc.

From a Cummins guy, I just want to say thanks!!

I have no idea what the "Black Box Reading" is or means, but if this is like the EFILive for the Duramax, your gonna have a winner on your hands when the tuning/logging is finalized!

I need to learn more about EFI now...

It's really just a small piece of the puzzle 07dodge. But it's a start and the exercise at this early stage was to ensure our new software core that will replace our current software in 2010 is happy to work with non GM platforms.
    The Black Box Reading is simply a test for our hardware to be able to read the contents out of the ECM in the vehicle. Sounds simple, but it's full of tricks to get right and we needed to test this before progressing.
    In the time we've spent with the Cummins we have learnt a fair amount on that ECM which can only lead to good things down the track.
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

I have some questions.

1. From what I understand there are only 2 people who actually are working on Efi-live's......projects (for lack of knowing what to call them). Is that correct?

2. If there was a bunch of interest from the Cummins market would it push you at all to be more active with developing tuning capabilities for us?

3. If you were to get this done would the tuning parameter's and aspects be similar to what is offered for the Duramax? At the same cost?

4. Could you explain or post a link to an explanation to Black Box Reading

I understand much of your answers may just be speculation, but when there's nothing else to do............I like to speculate
    05' 2500 CTD 4X4 QCLB SLT 6"lift 36's CAI, S-06, Spec DD, Super B Special, Flux3's, Airdog 150, 5" to 6" aussie stack, banks intercooler and highram, 12.861@107.39 7700lbs dynoed 597/1054
    SOLD07.5' LMM 4X4 CC SB LTZ, cognito leveling kit, sulastic shackles, 305/45/22's, 5" magnaflow exhaust, efi-live tow tune, titan 52gal tank

What about older trucks? Are you guys going to do 03-05s? This is very nice to hear more support for the Cummins motor.

Quote Originally Posted by Sandaholic View Post
    I have some questions.

1. From what I understand there are only 2 people who actually are working on Efi-live's......projects (for lack of knowing what to call them). Is that correct?
    That is correct, just two of us. But there is more than two in the company, but for R&D and software there is two.

2. If there was a bunch of interest from the Cummins market would it push you at all to be more active with developing tuning capabilities for us?
    Probably not, if we didn't think there was interest we would not have gone as far as we have with them. Our resellers and users give us a pretty good idea on what we need to try to expand in to so we already know what is popular.

3. If you were to get this done would the tuning parameter's and aspects be similar to what is offered for the Duramax? At the same cost?
    We would certainly aim to offer as much tuning support as the Duramax has, but of course being an ECM designed by a different company not everything will be the same.
    We are not about to take advantage of people on price, though nothing has been set yet. But it would probably be along similar lines to the Duramax.

4. Could you explain or post a link to an explanation to Black Box Reading
    Black box reading is simply a term to describe our hardware reading the contents of an ECM without the need for a PC. Whilst this sounds trivial, the process of doing this is the foundation of our new software to replace the current version 7.

Quote Originally Posted by chrleb2 View Post
    What about older trucks? Are you guys going to do 03-05s? This is very nice to hear more support for the Cummins motor.
    I can't give you can exact answer at this stage as they use the SCI bus, not CAN. But the CAN models (2006+) will be given development preference at this stage.

Cheers,
    Ross

Thanks for the info Ross

This is certainly long-awaited good news in the Cummins world. Yall almost made me buy a GMC so I could play with EFI....I realize its likely a ways off yet, but its still better than nothing.

You guys have a heck of a product. Keep up the good work

Thanks for the quick response........now get back to work
    05' 2500 CTD 4X4 QCLB SLT 6"lift 36's CAI, S-06, Spec DD, Super B Special, Flux3's, Airdog 150, 5" to 6" aussie stack, banks intercooler and highram, 12.861@107.39 7700lbs dynoed 597/1054
    SOLD07.5' LMM 4X4 CC SB LTZ, cognito leveling kit, sulastic shackles, 305/45/22's, 5" magnaflow exhaust, efi-live tow tune, titan 52gal tank

Page 1 of 18 12311 ... LastLast