Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 LastLast

Thread: Cummins development progresses

A V2 Scan Tool will work on a GM or Cummins. The V2 GM is basically a Scan Tool with the GM Tuning Option licensed.

As ScarabEpic22 says the Scan Tool portion is what is being intensively worked on right now.
    Andrew
    EFILive Crew

Quote Originally Posted by ScarabEpic22 View Post
    You can read the Cummins ECM out, but the general public cannot view/edit/flash tunes yet and the scantool is still being worked on. The regular V2 will work with all CAN based Cummins,.
    I wish I could view/look at the tune now. So we probably won't be able to view the tunes until it is publicly released correct?
    John
    2000 SS Camaro
    LSX 427 with GT55-94mm
    9.77 @ 157 4030 lbs race weight

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by Camaro SS View Post
    I wish I could view/look at the tune now. So we probably won't be able to view the tunes until it is publicly released correct?
    From what Ive heard, yes. FYI Im not a beta tester so I dont have access to any of the Cummins beta stuff so Im just relaying information Ive picked up on the forum (mostly from the guys at EFILive).
    ~Erik~
    2013 Sonic RS Manual - 1.4L I4T E78, tuned, turbo mods, etc.
    2008 TrailBlazer SS 3SS AWD Summit White - LS2 E67/T42, bolt ons, suspension, etc.
    2002 Chevy TrailBlazer LT 4X4 Summit White - 4.2L I6 P10, lifted, wheels, etc.

Any more news on when licensing is coming out? My V2 is already in the mail.
    06 Dodge RCLB 2500 5.9L Hamilton, Maxxspool, Wicked Diesels, Bullseye Power, Industrial Injection, South Bend Clutch, Amsoil, K&N, ARP,EFILive, T&C Diesel, ATS, GDP...

Currently we are in the process of testing everything in the next beta software release (GM and Cummins) because there was some substantial changes made to make the Cummins work with the Scantool. All the beta testers need GM functionality still working so we can't just release a Cummins only version. Anyway, that verification process is happening this week as I type.
    Once we are happy the scantool is 100% functional the Beta testers will go crazy with logging and tuning to further assist the final descriptions of some tables and how the ECM functions.
    So I would say two to three weeks and we should be right to go to a public release.
    The good news is all the reads that have been sent in have been mapped so hopefully everyone with a Cummins license will be set to tune as soon as it's released, so far there has been a total of 13 unique operating systems.
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Think I'm going to go ahead and order my V2 and license this week or next. That way shes ready to roll when it's released. Truck should be fixed by then too!
    2007 Dodge 3500-QC/LB-5.9/auto-Goerend trans-EFILive-Hamilton cam/springs/rods

is the cummins flash scan upgrade option for current V2 owners available yet? or if when available how will i go about purchasing it? thanks

Will we be able to re-calibrate ABS tire height/speedometer?
    06 5.9L, EFILive / Silver Bullet Tuning
    06 LBZ, EFILive

Anybody know?
    06 5.9L, EFILive / Silver Bullet Tuning
    06 LBZ, EFILive

EFILive Developer Site Admin Blacky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SGFastMax View Post
    is the cummins flash scan upgrade option for current V2 owners available yet? or if when available how will i go about purchasing it? thanks
    It is still in beta testing (not available publicly yet). We don't have a firm release date yet but it is getting very close.
    Regards
    Paul
    Before asking for help, please read this.

Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 LastLast