Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8161718

Thread: Cummins development progresses

Awesome!! I would think torque converter lock-up should work and possible a little something with shift points and I would be totally happy with that.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
    '06 2500 Cummins 4x4, Billet Trans, Airdog 150, working on tuning with EFI Live!

Shift points for all gears is a little tricky because it's not a full electronic auto, you would need to play around with the governor pressure for the shift points. It's not going to be easy like a full electronic auto where you have a shift at 'x' MPH and 'x' percent throttle.
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Ok well I meant torque converter lock up for sure and that shift points might be a little too.. it shifts into 4th at different times in tow/haul or not. I really don't know what can and can't be done though. I just think the Allison tuning is pretty sweet but i know it wont be on near that level. Ill be really happy with the engine tuning already though!

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
    '06 2500 Cummins 4x4, Billet Trans, Airdog 150, working on tuning with EFI Live!

i was just looking at the calender and noticed there are only seven days left in may.... is still possible to have a public release by the end of the month

Quote Originally Posted by GMPX View Post
    Shift points for all gears is a little tricky because it's not a full electronic auto, you would need to play around with the governor pressure for the shift points. It's not going to be easy like a full electronic auto where you have a shift at 'x' MPH and 'x' percent throttle.
    The programmer im running now has my upshift and downshifts all messed up due to the fact it takes very little pedal movement for alot more fuel than stock. Right from the start of this project I was hoping at the very least to "respan" my throttle to require more % throttle for a given amount of fuel, thereby fooling the transmission upshifts/downshifts into a more logical pattern. Sounds like we may even get a little direct trans. control , even better!

its june how much longer do we have lol

EFILive Developer Site Admin Blacky's Avatar

We realize its taken longer than we expected.
    We are working on the final version right now and expect it to be publicly available early next week.
    Depending on our test results this week, a pre-release version may be available sooner.

Regards
    Paul
    Before asking for help, please read this.

Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8161718