Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Cummins development progresses

My suggestion would be to do the TCM before CSP. Trans tune-ability will be a major advancement big turbo Cummins trucks.

Just my $.02,

Nick

This is some really great news.... keep up the good work guys!!!

Im patiently waiting......!!
    Last edited by BSwope; November 10th, 2010 at 01:45 PM.
    06 3500
    EFI by Rob @ ATP

Quote Originally Posted by vortecfcar View Post
    My suggestion would be to do the TCM before CSP. Trans tune-ability will be a major advancement big turbo Cummins trucks.

Just my $.02,

Nick
    Nick, one of the Dodge experts might correct me on this, but the 4-speed 48RE doesn't have much in the way of electronic control, from what I can see on the wiring diagrams you only have, Pressure solenoid, 3-4 Solenoid & TCC, nothing like the Allison (or GM's 4 speed transmissions). Those 48RE solenoids are controlled from the ECM
    The 6.7L went to a more complex full separate ECM & TCM system with the 6-speed 68RFE.
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Quote Originally Posted by GMPX View Post
    Nick, one of the Dodge experts might correct me on this, but the 4-speed 48RE doesn't have much in the way of electronic control, from what I can see on the wiring diagrams you only have, Pressure solenoid, 3-4 Solenoid & TCC, nothing like the Allison (or GM's 4 speed transmissions). Those 48RE solenoids are controlled from the ECM
    The 6.7L went to a more complex full separate ECM & TCM system with the 6-speed 68RFE.
    I know the DODGE 4 speed trans is actually a fairly wierd control pattern as it uses an electrocic governor control to shift. Basically they took the old fashioned governor assembly off the rear and put in an electronic control for it to make it shift. It is a wierd control system by all acounts as the pressure control actually controls the shifts and not line pressure per say so much.
    1995 GMC 2500 SUBURBAN powered by 01 DURAMAX/ALLISON, little of this, a little of that,
    DIAMONDEYE 4" exhaust, CORSA muffler, AFE stage 1 dry filter, custom tuning by me, KENNEDY single pump and pump rub kit.

Lifetime Member

Great news EFILive! This is gonna be HUGE for the Cummins folks!
    ~Erik~
    2013 Sonic RS Manual - 1.4L I4T E78, tuned, turbo mods, etc.
    2008 TrailBlazer SS 3SS AWD Summit White - LS2 E67/T42, bolt ons, suspension, etc.
    2002 Chevy TrailBlazer LT 4X4 Summit White - 4.2L I6 P10, lifted, wheels, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by vortecfcar View Post

Just my $.02,

Nick
    Well why is that? You're still dealing with a 40 year old trans. Have you even taken one apart?
    2005 Silverado, CC/SB, 4x4, LT, LILLY/Allison
    12.9s @ 108 mph

many thanks to Ross and Paul

Lifetime Member

Easy guys........I noticed long ago that things come across very differently on a forum.
    I went back and re-read some of my old posts on here and Pacific Performance and
    thought "wow I sounded like a Jerk"

Hello, I am Les.
    I am the lead dyno tuner for Left Coast Diesel in Concord Ca. I am VERY excited to see this come to life for the Cummins crowd.
    I have been a loyal Smarty tuner for the past 3 years, and enjoy all that Marco has offered, but I feel that the introduction of EFI Live to the Cummins crowd will drastically change the diesel performance world.

I plan on following this as closely as I possibly can, and reading as much tutorial information as humanly possible, so that I can provide the best support and customer/personal satisfaction as I can.

If anyone has helpful advise/info on how to contact the software engineers, to possibly get a hold of a BETA product that would be great. I have 3-4 2006+ CR Cummins at my disposal along with unlimited access to a Dyno Jet Dyno, to do as much testing/learning/feedback as possible.

I am sure with myself being a "Newbie" to the EFI crowd, not much merrit will be given to my wishes...but I do hope that with the release of this product for BETA, and ensuing public release, I am able to obtain as much knowledge and information as possible.

Thanks for your time
    Les
    Les Szmidt
    2007 5.9 Dodge Ram
    2014 Ram 3500 Aisin tuning Emissions Equipped
    EFI Live Cummins BETA Tester
    Silver Bullet Tuning
    silverbullettuning@gmail.com
    www.youtube.com/ljszmidt
    http://www.facebook.com/SilverBulletTuninig

Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast