Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: LMM DSP Beta1 Release

Default LMM DSP Beta1 Release

Here it is, the first public beta release for the LMM DSP upgrades.
    Before proceeding please consider this, you will need to update your software and V2 firmware to beta versions, if you are using EFILive as part of your business and feel uncomfortable about doing this then perhaps wait until the software and DSP updates are classified as stable releases (probably 2 - 3 weeks).

The first step is you must update your software / firmware to the versions listed in the thread below.
    http://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?t=12014

Once you have updated your software and V2 firmware with the files in the thread above you can download the file attached to this post.

You can download the pdf document detailing the process to upgrade your ECM to DSP2 or DSP5 from THIS location:
    This document should be saved in to the folder -
    \Program Files\EFILive\V7.5\Doc\Tutorials

There is a zip archive attached to this post containing the necessary files for EFILive Tune to perform the DSP conversion. You must unzip these after installing the new software as it will overwrite the non DSP .calz files.
    These files need to be extracted in to the folder -
    \Program Files\EFILive\V7.5\Calibrations\E35

The document pretty much spells out what needs to be done so I won't cover that again in this thread.

If anybody strikes any problems with the DSP upgrade please don't do multiple post over multiple forums, it makes it very hard to track what is going on. You all know what Diesel forums we have a presence at, so post either on there or in this thread.

We are about to leave for SEMA so support for this update may be a little slower until we return.

Known issues with this Beta release:

• 26-Nov-2009 ~ Timing tables for Tune 3 & 4 are ignored, fix is in the attachment posted below - 'LMM_DSP5_Beta_V101_Fix.zip'.
    • 04-Dec-2009 ~ Pedal to desired torque tables not showing in DSP tunes for LMM, download the fixed .calz files 'LMM_DSP_Calz_03-Dec-2009.zip'

For users wanting the update to fix the above timing issue (that should be everyone) please read the following.

The LMM DSP5 Operating system (LBZ is fine) had a bug that caused the ECM to ignore the timing tables for Tunes #3 & #4, instead it used Tune #1 timing instead of #3, or Tune #2 timing instead of #4.

Because it was an OS error this means all existing DSP5 tunes must be scrapped and you have to start over. So, follow the process below:

1. Download the file 'LMM_DSP5_Beta_V101_Fix.zip'
    2. Extract the zip in to the folder '\Program Files\EFILive\V7.5\Calibrations\E35'
    3. Load factory OS tune, confirm the .calz file date shown is November 26, 2009.
    4. Patch DSP5, save and reload file.
    5. Full flash ECM with updated DSP5 OS.

At this point if you need to transfer over an existing DSP5 tune you can just do a normal calibration flash, do not full flash with the older (pre fixed) files, this will not effect the update to fix the timing issue.

To apply the fix for the missing torque tables on the LMM DSP's, download and extract the file 'LMM_DSP_Calz_03-Dec-2009.zip' in to the folder - \Program Files\EFILive\V7.5\Calibrations\E35\Custom
    The new .calz file date shown for LMM DSP programs should be December 03, 2009. No other changes need to be made to the .tun files, this fix simply allows those pedal v's torque tables to appear!

Enjoy!
    Ross
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by GMPX; December 28th, 2009 at 11:37 AM.
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

I had a few Emails about the 2008 motorhome OS 12620015 not having DSP support. I had planned on releasing that with this update but I messed something up in the code for the DSP mods and the ECM becomes brain dead when programmed with DSP, I'll look in to this after SEMA, plus convert the Express Van OS's over.

Cheers,
    Ross
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

sweet!
    05 LLY CC/SB D/A, EFILived to the tune of 530rwhp.

Awesome, safe travels!
    2013 LML, 550hp with factory emissions, stock cp4 and compound turbos.
    2002 LBZ, 4x4 (Max'd Out) 6000lbs 9.36 @ 154 mph NHRDA Champion and Record holder
    1965 El Camino, duramax 9.6 @ 149MPH

All EFI tuned by Adrenaline Truck Performance

nice seems to be working well. Have a safe trip

Awesome, great work EFI Team

Killing time at the airport in Melbourne still, the plane is broken, 5 hr delay

Question unrecognized pcm??

Lord knows im going to be the one jacks up here

Ok did the update, loaded new boot blocker, then did build 99, then build 75.
    I also uploaded the lbz and lmm files int config/e35 folder. Success i thought as i applied the dsp5 os! but then, i try to reopen the window and it says un recognized pcm....I know i did something wrong cause when i click on the engine tab nothing even comes up...soooo can anyone here lend me a hand? thanks alot!!!

-Kory

Lifetime Member

did you make the "custom" folder in the E35 folder? with the DSP2 and 5 calz. in it?
    '07 TBSS, LS2, T42, 3SS, Black on Black on Black, Pretty much stock at the moment. EFILive will fix that

'06 LBZ/Allison 6speed, EC, LB, 1LT, Leather
    Current Mods: EFI Live/ PTO High Idle Mod/ Factory Exhaust Brake / BD Full Bore/ TransGo Jr./ TTS Twin Lift Pumps/ MBRP 4" turbo back/ Custom air box mod/ BullyDog Outlook Monitor

465hp/1008tq---7/25/09---Dyno Day Fast Specialties Tuning by ME

Aw man, I knew I had missed something...I didn't make the custom folder...I must have missed that in the writeup or something...I'm going to read over it again but if it isn't in there can you give me a tip on how to set up/what to set up in that folder? Thanks alot
    -Kory

I'm out of ideas? Nah trick... When in doubt, 0xFFFF it out!

http://www.PPEI.com/

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast