Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: roadrunner not found

The one in the 'C:\Program Files\EFILive\Drivers\EFILive\Win-2K-XP-Vista' folder.
    Andrew
    EFILive Crew

I have to redo my internet settings on the laptop. Hopefully wont take long.
    The Tremor at AIR

I am not having any luck with the net either. I will send you a pm to set up a time to have a look.
    Thanks again Mick
    The Tremor at AIR

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tordne View Post
    Getting it to work as Native USB is the preferred option. This requires pointing the driver loading to the same driver as FlashScan (and not the RoadRunner driver surprisingly).

I've actually just connect mine again to make sure it was all still working. Man I miss using that thing. Being able to read and flash in 10 seconds rocks!
    Which driver is EFI using for FlashScan?
    07 Silverado DMax Classic
    02 Z06 LS3 416, 805rwhp, TFS245, Wiseco, Callies Crank/Rods, Iskendarian Lifters, Crower Rockers, FAST102/90, ATI Damper, 1-7/8 Kook's LT, QkTime Shield,Tolle-Fab 8pt
    Old Engine: 1/4mile = 9.6/146 New Engine:?

EFI Live Tune/Scan v7.5.27, EFI Live Scan and Tune v8.2.23, build 276, BootBlock 2.07.06, FirmWare 2.07.52, 512K RoadRunner (12.14.R), Innovate Serial LC2x2

COS5/12212156 For 2002 Z06 Manual Vette

Both the FlashScan and RoadRunner devices use FTDI drivers. The reason (in my view) that the RoadRunner is sometimes difficult to get working is that it presents as a generic FTDI chip and drvers are often automatically loaded by Windows Update. FlashScan on the other hand has altered vendor and device strings and will therefore need to drivers to be loaded manually.
    Andrew
    EFILive Crew

Lifetime Member

Both the FlashScan and RoadRunner devices use FTDI drivers. The reason (in my view) that the RoadRunner is sometimes difficult to get working is that it presents as a generic FTDI chip and drvers are often automatically loaded by Windows Update. FlashScan on the other hand has altered vendor and device strings and will therefore need to drivers to be loaded manually.
    Interesting. RR presents as a generic FTDI Chip, FT232R I believe, but with no name change, VID representing FTDI. I have mentioned to Craig M in the past, should consider renaming his devices, so they can directly open it via "string" and FTD2XX.DLL, native mode obviously.

I wonder if he plugged one device in before the other if that might help. Not sure how EFI is port checking, first FTDI device found first checked or what, but with no device id nor name, got work a little harder.

Gotta go get ready for vacation. Good luck to the op.
    07 Silverado DMax Classic
    02 Z06 LS3 416, 805rwhp, TFS245, Wiseco, Callies Crank/Rods, Iskendarian Lifters, Crower Rockers, FAST102/90, ATI Damper, 1-7/8 Kook's LT, QkTime Shield,Tolle-Fab 8pt
    Old Engine: 1/4mile = 9.6/146 New Engine:?

EFI Live Tune/Scan v7.5.27, EFI Live Scan and Tune v8.2.23, build 276, BootBlock 2.07.06, FirmWare 2.07.52, 512K RoadRunner (12.14.R), Innovate Serial LC2x2

COS5/12212156 For 2002 Z06 Manual Vette

I would probably be inclined to connect the FlashScan first and load the drivers by browsing to the folder path above. Then connect RoadRunner (either with FlashScan connected or not - shouldn't matter). It might be that the RoadRunner still goes and gets a different driver. If so you have to do the "Update Driver" trick.

Hopefully I can get it sorted for him if we can get remote access organised
    Andrew
    EFILive Crew

Well dont I feel like an idiot. After having a decent look I noticed that the preferred com port was already assigned. Change that to a different port & all is well.
    Thanks again Tordne for the offer of assistance & you other guys for posting as well. It always seems to be the small errors that give the largest headaches.
    On the bright side my laptop is much quicker than its ever been. Now to do the same to the ute.
    The Tremor at AIR

So your next challenge is to get it working in Native USB Mode LOL.
    Andrew
    EFILive Crew

So your next challenge is to get it working in Native USB Mode LOL.
    HA HA HA HA. NO!
    I will try that next time I have a week to spare LOL.
    The Tremor at AIR

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast