Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: B0720-FRP: actual or desired?

Default B0720-FRP: actual or desired?

We learned that in earlier ecms, that pulse varied with "actual" FRP. Is this not the same? Presently it shows desired FRP.
    Michael, Systems Engineer 04.5 D-max LLY, Phoenix, Arizona Email
    Custom Tuning Services
    DURAMAX/CUMMINS ECM's TCM's for sale, all years, 20% wholesale discount available
    EFILive's first VGT "Software Wastegate Tune"

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by killerbee View Post
    We learned that in earlier ecms, that pulse varied with "actual" FRP. Is this not the same? Presently it shows desired FRP.
    Me and Racehemi have determined that it is based on FRP_C (actual) thats the only way that table makes any sense. Wouldn't make any sense to have a PW based on commanded and have actual FP be way lower. You'd be all jacked up trying to tune for that...
    '07 TBSS, LS2, T42, 3SS, Black on Black on Black, Pretty much stock at the moment. EFILive will fix that

'06 LBZ/Allison 6speed, EC, LB, 1LT, Leather
    Current Mods: EFI Live/ PTO High Idle Mod/ Factory Exhaust Brake / BD Full Bore/ TransGo Jr./ TTS Twin Lift Pumps/ MBRP 4" turbo back/ Custom air box mod/ BullyDog Outlook Monitor

465hp/1008tq---7/25/09---Dyno Day Fast Specialties Tuning by ME

I agree with you. It is something that seemed to be understood 4 years ago, if memory serves. But the table is still loaded with desired. At least mine is.
    Custom Tuning Services
    DURAMAX/CUMMINS ECM's TCM's for sale, all years, 20% wholesale discount available

Lifetime Member

Yeah the cal_link is that way currently. The table description is actually wrong as well and should be fixed too... (Me)(Ross) I have actually updated cal_link.txt since we had figured that, and a few more tables as well. Here's the latest version.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by bballer182; November 5th, 2009 at 02:04 PM.
    '07 TBSS, LS2, T42, 3SS, Black on Black on Black, Pretty much stock at the moment. EFILive will fix that

Current Mods: EFI Live/ PTO High Idle Mod/ Factory Exhaust Brake / BD Full Bore/ TransGo Jr./ TTS Twin Lift Pumps/ MBRP 4" turbo back/ Custom air box mod/ BullyDog Outlook Monitor

Thanks for offering it up. That beats fixing these myself.
    Custom Tuning Services

Lifetime Member

Yeah no prob.

Interested in how you came to the conclusion that APP_D was appropriate for pedal to desired torque, B1161?

Using that, when at idle, it shows a non-zero value. A little hard to get my head wrapped around, but it seems to make more sense. How would you define or describe APP_D?
    Custom Tuning Services

Lifetime Member

Uh you might be right... Have you tried APP_E for the LMM? I think i remember Nick saying something about using E for the LMM's. APP_D is correct for the LBZ, though...

Try APP_E for the LMM and get back to me and i'll update the cal_link.txt....... AGAIN.....

LMM: APP_E is worse than APP_D. I just have to reconcile 18.8-19.2% throttle (app_d) with foot off it. It gives me a headache trying to understand why it would be set up this way.

I used TP% for LBZ with good results.
    Custom Tuning Services

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by killerbee View Post
    LMM: APP_E is worse than APP_D. I just have to reconcile 18.8-19.2% throttle (app_d) with foot off it. It gives me a headache trying to understand why it would be set up this way.

I used TP% for LBZ with good results.
    TP in BBL mode does nothing. it reads a constant ZERO. and APP_D works in both so thats the one i used.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast