Thread: LBZ B1122 and "FACTOR"-smoke control

Default LBZ B1122 and "FACTOR"-smoke control

This table has some real merit, and it "may" be what we are looking for spoolup smoke control on the LBZ beast, frequently mistaken for a fire breathing dragon.

Can we open the definition of "factor" somewhat? There is surprisingly little information or understanding of what things affect it. It jumps around quitre a bit, and there appears to be a throttle or boost dependency.

Any opinions appreciated. It has some resemblance to MAF fuel, in the LLY. Just no way at this point to see what impacts factor. Perhaps there are more tables for factor.
    Last edited by killerbee; November 6th, 2009 at 11:29 AM.
    Michael, Systems Engineer 04.5 D-max LLY, Phoenix, Arizona Email
    Custom Tuning Services
    DURAMAX/CUMMINS ECM's TCM's for sale, all years, 20% wholesale discount available
    EFILive's first VGT "Software Wastegate Tune"

Lifetime Member

Yeah i would imagine there is quite a bit that would impact the "factor" one of which i would assume is the TCM... Without ever playing with it, as i just opened it up so not to be a limiting table, i would have thought that there would be too many variables at play to make this an accurate way to limit smoke on spool up.

Just my .02
    '07 TBSS, LS2, T42, 3SS, Black on Black on Black, Pretty much stock at the moment. EFILive will fix that

'06 LBZ/Allison 6speed, EC, LB, 1LT, Leather
    Current Mods: EFI Live/ PTO High Idle Mod/ Factory Exhaust Brake / BD Full Bore/ TransGo Jr./ TTS Twin Lift Pumps/ MBRP 4" turbo back/ Custom air box mod/ BullyDog Outlook Monitor

465hp/1008tq---7/25/09---Dyno Day Fast Specialties Tuning by ME

It is not particularly easy to use, but I did use it to limit smoke with minimal downside to spool. Without it, the truck literally blinded people behind me. The owner said someone nearly drove off the road.

Factor went from .83 to 1.0 in the logs. Just nothing for me to look at to see why, or how to expand it for more usefulness.
    Custom Tuning Services
    DURAMAX/CUMMINS ECM's TCM's for sale, all years, 20% wholesale discount available

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by killerbee View Post
    It is not particularly easy to use, but I did use it to limit smoke with minimal downside to spool. Without it, the truck literally blinded people behind me. The owner said someone nearly drove off the road.

Factor went from .83 to 1.0 in the logs. Just nothing for me to look at to see why, or how to expand it for more usefulness.
    It's probably one of the buried algorithms that we'll never understand or have access to. kinda like grade braking
    '07 TBSS, LS2, T42, 3SS, Black on Black on Black, Pretty much stock at the moment. EFILive will fix that

Current Mods: EFI Live/ PTO High Idle Mod/ Factory Exhaust Brake / BD Full Bore/ TransGo Jr./ TTS Twin Lift Pumps/ MBRP 4" turbo back/ Custom air box mod/ BullyDog Outlook Monitor

I am putting my money on Ross to come through with this one.
    Custom Tuning Services

bump for more factor tables to change for spoolup and fuel limiting smoke control.

this is a little embarrasing: how am I able to see factor in logs? It is obviously moving around in the table, but I don't have a "factor" pid enabled.
    Custom Tuning Services

Lifetime Member

try these ones. They are in the scan tool only Not in BBL as far as i know...

Engine Power Limiting Factor {TRQ_FACT_DMA} [GM.TRQ_FACT_DMA]
    Torque limiters Active {TRQLIMACT_DMA} [GM.TRQLIMACT_DMA]
    Last edited by bballer182; November 18th, 2009 at 03:21 AM.

Lifetime Member

I have a request in to add factor (Engine Power Limiting Factor TRQ_FACT_DMA) for BBL.

All 4 would be better.
    2011 LML 3500HD CC D/A 4x4
    2006 LBZ 3500 CC D/A 4x4 Sold
    2001 LB7 2500HD D/A 4x4 Sold

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by Biodiesel66 View Post
    I have a request in to add factor (Engine Power Limiting Factor TRQ_FACT_DMA) for BBL.

All 4 would be better.
    i just did too last night...