Thread: Rev limiter and E38 calibrations

Default Rev limiter and E38 calibrations

I have been battling with an E38 L76 in a Nissan Patrol that won't come out of rev limit when it hits the rev limit until the throttle is released, it is a manualised auto with no vss, no MAF and no TCM. I have found the rev limit is is using is B5210, rev limit by gear, in fact only the neutral/park limit not the in gear limits which I have proven by setting the gear limits to zero. B5209 which is supposed to be the overall absolute liiter does not work at all. The cal is a 12597121 and the os 12614682. I have another vehicle of similar design, engine and ECU that is running a 12607218 os and a 12607217 cal which dosen't have these issues, unfortunatly I have not been able to do a full flash of the one to the other, the vehicle won't run. Is this a case of buy another E38 with the know working os and cal as a start point?

yep same issues here. 08 denali e38
    Just one guy tryin' to make a difference

ok, well how is it going to rev limit 'by gear' when it doesn't know what gear it's in because the TCM is missing?
    If you are not using a 4L60 / 6L60 with a TCM in a transplant you must use a manual trans base tune to eliminate most of the issues that you will strike with no TCM present.
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

It was easy to see what gear the EC thought it was in by manipulating the in gear and P/N rev limiters. The only way we fixed it was to use TIS to full flash an Australian production VE Man in as the EFI live dosent allow swapping of many OS's, we had an American Corvette LS2 as a starting point which was a manual OS. You still have rev limit by gear in the manual OS {B5201}.
    Now the customer who supplied all the parts, ECU etc. thinks that the retuning should be free once we swapped to the VE OS. We had to send the ECU away to get the OS changed which he paid for but for some reason its our fault he bought an ECU with a Corvette OS?

Joel