Thread: Only seeing 84% throttle

Default Only seeing 84% throttle

Hi guys,
    I think I've tried just about everything in this tune. I can't seem to get the throttle to show any more that 84% throttle.

I've just about disabled everything In the hope of reaching 100% throttle.

Is there something I've overlooked that I should know about. The lack of sleep isn't helping me either.

From memory I've had this problem on a VE in the past and managed to get past it, This is a different OS than what I've had in the past and has me stumped.

I'm starting to think that this has something to do with the Stability Control.

The car is a VE GenIV Manual Ute.
    Cal: 12635862

Cheers Scotty.
    It's a lot easier to ask for forgiveness than it is to ask for permission.

I think you're using the wrong PID. I had the same problem with a umber of E38 and E67 processors. Switching to ETC Indicated Throttle Position eliminated the problem.
    DigitalEFI- EFILive US Distributor
    sales@digitalefi.com
    678/344-1590

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by Scoota View Post
    Hi guys,
    I think I've tried just about everything in this tune. I can't seem to get the throttle to show any more that 84% throttle.

I've just about disabled everything In the hope of reaching 100% throttle.

Is there something I've overlooked that I should know about. The lack of sleep isn't helping me either.

From memory I've had this problem on a VE in the past and managed to get past it, This is a different OS than what I've had in the past and has me stumped.

I'm starting to think that this has something to do with the Stability Control.

The car is a VE GenIV Manual Ute.
    Cal: 12635862

Cheers Scotty.
    You are most likely reading the PID that indicates % of throttle position full scale voltage. i.e. 84% (or more typically 88%) of 5V. Which is full throttle.

As DFE1 comments, ETC indicated should do it for you.

Pretty new VE ute with that OS in it .

gmh308 is correct and it's a fairly well known bit of info on the forum. The older "LS1" PIDs do not always work on the later controllers and you need to be sure of what you are doing when dealing with an ETC system. here's a pic of some of the options you have for looking at throttle position....

As you can see, there are quite a few options and they don;t always seem to line up. Personally I use 2 main PIDs for checking throttle position...

1. ETCTP - ETC Indicated Throttle Position ( GM.ETCTP ): I use this for 90% of the tuning I do as it indicates the actual throttle blade opening %.
    2. APP - Accelerator Pedal Position ( GM.APP ): I use this for about 8.5% of the tuning, mainly for TC settings.

The last 1.5% is a mix of the other PID's but I've only really used them for looking at what the idle control systems are doing. Generally I don't use them, but may look at them if there are other throttle related issues.

Simon.

GMH308, yeah she's a new one, It's not long off the show room floor.

It's very possible that I've grabbed the wrong pid, I was sure I had selected the ETCTP - ETC Indicated Throttle Position ( GM.ETCTP ) Pid, I'll check that out.

Thanks for your input guys. It's only ever the simple things that we stumble on.

Cheers Scotty.
    It's a lot easier to ask for forgiveness than it is to ask for permission.