Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: HELP needing another license same truck?

Default HELP needing another license same truck?

I have a 04 2500 with a duramax and I have been using efilive to tune it. About 2 months ago the alternator went out and totally killed the batteries, and since then when I try to tune it says that I need to license the ecm, I have used 16 licenses and this is the very first one that I used, Is there any way toget around this, I dont want to have to use more than one license for the same truck. Thanks James

Hi James,

The only times this is know to happen are:
    1) Obviously if the PCM is changed in the vehicle the serial number of the controller will be different and EFILive will need to be licensed for the new controller (normal operation).
    2) GM TIS has been known to erase the serial number of the controller on occasion and EFILive also had an issue well over a year ago where the SN would be all 0's.

Do any of these sound likely?

Cheers,
    Andrew
    EFILive Crew

I had a problem like this about a month ago, where my V2 changed the serial number's around and it made it seem like I never licensed the PCM before...But it was licensed... Paul & Ross took care of it quick though...
    http://forum.efilive.com/showthread....hlight=license
    2008 2WD Ext.Cab Silverado 1500 6.0 V-MAX E38(L76) & T42(4L70E) MAF Only CL Corvette Servo AFE CAI INNOVATIVE LM-2 WBO2

FLASHSCAN V2 & AUTOCAL

EFILive Developer Site Admin Blacky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by djms View Post
    I have a 04 2500 with a duramax and I have been using efilive to tune it. About 2 months ago the alternator went out and totally killed the batteries, and since then when I try to tune it says that I need to license the ecm, I have used 16 licenses and this is the very first one that I used, Is there any way toget around this, I dont want to have to use more than one license for the same truck. Thanks James
    Hi James,

Using the Tune Tool menu option: Flash->Show PCM Info, what serial number is shown for the PCM?

Does it match any of the numbers listed in the used Licenses on the Help->FlashSCan V2 VIN Licensing... window?
    Note: Only the last 9 digits are displayed, so when you're comparing them, only compare the last 9 digits of the serial number with the used licenses.

Regards
    Paul
    Before asking for help, please read this.

Lifetime Member

I had a similar issue I posted about with the P10 a few months ago, try unchecking the use high speed box when you go to flash. Also, try going into the show calibration information pane (Flash->Show PCM Info) and make sure the PCM serial number matches that in your V1/V2 (Help->FlashScan V1/V2 Licensing). They should, I had an issue where when use high speed was checked it would report an incorrect serial number and with it unchecked it would report the correct serial number and allow the flash to continue.
    ~Erik~
    2013 Sonic RS Manual - 1.4L I4T E78, tuned, turbo mods, etc.
    2008 TrailBlazer SS 3SS AWD Summit White - LS2 E67/T42, bolt ons, suspension, etc.
    2002 Chevy TrailBlazer LT 4X4 Summit White - 4.2L I6 P10, lifted, wheels, etc.

Well I finally got time to check this out and I got all zeros. What do I need to do. I tried unchecking the hi speed, same thing. My truck is needing to got the dealer this morning and they need the tune out, any ideas? I really don't want to purhase another license. Thanks James

I pm'd Tech Support.

Thanks

Send a screenshot of the Help->FlashScan V2 VIN Licensing window to support@efilive.com?
    Andrew
    EFILive Crew

i sent it, let me know if it worked.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast