Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: E38 VATS will not disable

Thank you all for replying. When you did the risistor in place of the start relay, did it work? The last code that I was getting was 0513 and 0633, both seemed to speak of a immobilizer key. probably not a "key" but rather something that it was not seeing. I hit it hard again this evening and still seem to have the same conclusion. I'm not going to rush into anything else, just wait to see if there is a code issue or file issue that GMPX may be able to help with. Any other info is still covetted.
    Just one guy tryin' to make a difference

Yes, as long as the starter enable wire is grounded it starts fine. My 5.3 is in a Toyota truck so I am not running a BCM, imobilizer key, etc.

It's been a while but if remember correctly when I unground the starter enable wire it throws a number of VAT/VTD codes in the 600 range.

My guess, in my application, is the E38 shuts off noid due to an invalid(unauthorized) crank signal. I get spark, PCM relay activation, fuel pump, etc.

The only thing missing is noid; if I add fuel it runs.

I believe this can be overcome with the appropriate tune or a patch. It only appears to affect conversions with E38's and certain calibrations at this point so not high priority.

Oh, I also had to change the VATS settings to get it to crank every time.

Quote Originally Posted by VEGASROBBI View Post
    My 2007 E38 Auto truck tune would not start after applying the VATS patch. I ended up having to ground (through a resistor to emulate the relay trigger) the "starter enable" wire, yellow and black in my case. Hope this helps.
    Actually, that now rings a bell in my head of needing to do that on some cars. You could also just hook up a relay and cranking input to the ECM to simulate the actual wiring in the GM factory application, but a resistor would also work in place of the relay. I now remember looking in to a way to bypass the starter relay check but I never figured it out. From memory it went deeper than just shutting off some DTC's.
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Lifetime Member

Have done dozens of these without any hitches.

Maybe some OS's are fussy and some are not re the relay coil being seen there.

Assuming you are totally bypassing the ECM for starter motor operation?

Hey all, just a follow up. I did a set up with the park neutral selector switch, I then set up a relay inline with the starter activation to see if it was the relay being missing or a park neutral switch issue. Well no luck. I did the unthinkable (I didn't want to end up on the evening news or in a psych ward, so I had to) , but it fired right up. Now I am happy but the excitement is offset by the amount of time that was invested in getting it to start. I guess it's called paying the dues for living the dream and I'm ok with that. Thank you all for your input on this. Thank you Thank you.

I don't suppose, given the issues that EFI live would give me a credit toward another license to use on another ECM?

v8vm,

Can you explain what happened...?

Quote Originally Posted by joecar View Post
    v8vm,

Can you explain what happened...?
    X's 2
    2008 2WD Ext.Cab Silverado 1500 6.0 V-MAX E38(L76) & T42(4L70E) MAF Only CL Corvette Servo AFE CAI INNOVATIVE LM-2 WBO2

FLASHSCAN V2 & AUTOCAL

HPT, i still feel the isues are ME caused but the HPT removed the vats on 3 so far and mostlikely 1 tomorrow. I don't know???

Ok, I am having this same exact issue and I have been told the same thing that HP Tuners doesn't have an issue with this. SO........ Here is what I can do. We do have HPT and I will be willing to work with you on getting this right. I will get one running on HPT, and I will send you the cal as loaded from EFI Live.
    Is this going to help you fix the issue. I need support on this as I have customers waiting!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast