Thread: 2 vehicles? Both work?

Default 2 vehicles? Both work?

Hello everyone, I do not have much experience with EFI live but I have seen it in action quite a bit. I would like to get V1 here soon to tune 2 vehicles. First is my 2000 Trans Am that I know it will work with no problem. I also have a 2002 2500 Duramax LB7 truck that I need to figure out some bugs with it. My question is will Version 1 work with both cars no problem?

Thanks,

Shawn

FlashScan V1 will work with both of those vehicles.

Please consider thought that with the LB7 to tune both the PCM and Allison TCM will use both PCM licenses. So, to tune both LB& controllers and the 2000 TransAm you will be paying US$648 ($549 + $99). The FlashScan V2 might be a better option for the extra $150 given the extra vehicle support, different licensing and other benefits.

Just wanted to present the option
    Andrew
    EFILive Crew

Ok so it would be more beneficial for me to spend the 150 more? What can be done with version 2 that cant be done in version 1? Other then being able to tune the engine and tranny as one in the diesel.

Thanks

My recommendation would be, but I work for EFILive . Just want to make sure you are getting the best product for your needs, and given the immediate need to tune three controllers I would suggest looking seriously at the FlashScan V2 in preference.

Additional benefits of FlashScan V2:
    - Continue to be supported in the next software version (V8). This is probably one of the most significant benefits with the version 8 software now under heavy development.
    - Support for newer GM PCM/TCM controllers which require the CAN communications protocol. Supports all EFILive currently supported vehicles.
    - If you are going to tune reasonable numbers of similar vehicles (i.e. LS1/LS6) you can purchase a Stream license that will enable unlimited tuning of specific controllers.
    - Advanced stand alone capability (read/flash/scan/log) - still operates as a pass-thru like FlashScan V1 also. This standalone capability will be available as a free upgrade with future firmware.
    - Change to vehicle based licensing. This means a PCM and TCM of a vehicle (such as an LLY Duramax, or an LS2 Corvette) are considered as one vehicle, whereas under FlashScan V1 controller based licensing it is two PCM licenses. If you intend to tune more than perhaps 2-3 vehicles it will be more cost effective to go the FlashScan V2 route purely on the basis of overall costs.
    Andrew
    EFILive Crew

Ok. I will probably end up getting version 2, when I get the cash.

Thanks Andrew

Shawn

V2 also has the ability to read the AFR from the wideband in digital form (most of the popular widebands support serial AFR output).

Really? That almost makes it worth it right there! Version 2 it will be then.

Thanks guys.