Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: E35 Regulator PID's

Default E35 Regulator PID's

Tuning big fuel pressure regulators is made easy on the LB7/LLY trucks by logging FRPCOMM and FRPACOM while driving, then creating a map and backing the numbers into the tune file. Now that guys are hogging the regulators out of the newer trucks, it would be helpful to have legitimate regulator PIDs so that we can get the regulators dialed in on the newer trucks.

FRPCOMM reports zero throughout the log and FRPACOM reports 16384mA . FRPADES reports and changes, but does not report within the bounds of the table or with any logic. I think this PID holds the most hope, maybe it's definition needs tweaking.

This is the table I'm trying to build a map around

These are the log file results

Any help on this would be much appreciated, there are a few trucks out there that I've tuned personally that could use this fix to eliminiate surge at cruise and hunting at under load.

Thanks,

Nick

This fix would be much appreciated.

Like the fuel, but it will be nice when it is delivered smoothly.

Paul

For me the most annoying thing about this is those PID's are supported out of the box by GM, so if the data is wrong, it's the ECM!! GM assign it a PID number, this means any ECM that supports that PID does so the same way.
    With DMA PID's there is a chance they can be wrong as we have to manually define every detail about them (per OS).

I have about 3 - 4 weeks work on gas engine / trans stuff I need to complete before the year is out. I'll revisit this once done. Swapping between Bosch Diesel and Delphi gas ends up getting me nowhere
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Would this regulator issue be the potential cause for my truck surging at 1700 rpm on a regualr basis?
    Peace Through Torque

Punisher Performance DSP5 Tuning, PPE Dual CP3's, 68mm Fleece Cheetah, Punisher Built trans w/ Suncoast Parts, Airdog 165, SoCal 100% Overs, ARP Studs

2013 NHRDA Sportsman World Champion

www.PunisherPerformance.com

I see, I'm actually running a stock regulator. I need to log but my scan tool is on loan at the moment. I'm also going to look at TC lockup points bc I have my suspicions
    Peace Through Torque

Punisher Performance DSP5 Tuning, PPE Dual CP3's, 68mm Fleece Cheetah, Punisher Built trans w/ Suncoast Parts, Airdog 165, SoCal 100% Overs, ARP Studs

2013 NHRDA Sportsman World Champion

www.PunisherPerformance.com

any answers yet?

Do RPM's change considerably. Its difficult to tell by the log.
    I have had this however, it was on a stock fuel systems and I took a different approach to rectify in the desired fuel tables.
    Making tires smoke since 1994
    Grand Junction CO

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast