Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: E38 Custom OS Testers needed

Default E38 Custom OS Testers needed

After much debate we've decided to continue development of our E38 / E67 custom OS's, but, not in the original form we were testing in 2008.

Initially we had all sorts of features such as switching modes using the V2, valet, output controls. Whilst it worked and was all good, when we did the sums it was going to potentially take 2 days per OS to modify, there is currently 86 OS's supported in EFILive for both these ECM's, so 6 months solid work.....not going to happen.
    Instead we've come up with a new concept that is pretty quick for us to implement over many OS's.

What we are doing is via an input pin on the ECM we trick it in to thinking the vehicle is running 85% ethanol fuel and also enabling a new injector flow table. What this does is give you many extra fuel and spark tables at the flick of a switch (B3670, B5114, B5115, B5145 as examples). In reality you would probably have the ECM input wired to a relay output for use with Nitrous (or some other fuel).

What you need for testing:

• An ECM pin so you can wire in the trigger to switch fuel modes (the part number is 33467-0005/23).
    • Access to a 2008 - 2010 model vehicle for testing as these will be the first ones we will work on. 2006 - 2007 will follow soon.
    • The test vehicle must NOT be a factory Flex Fuel vehicle.
    • You must be running the latest v7.5.6 software, mainly due to the changes made to correctly deal with 2010 models.
    • You can manually extract zip files in to specific folders.
    • Keep in mind this is in test stage, do you really want to 'test' on a customers car?

If you are interested please send me a PM containing the following info.
    1 - ECM OS's number you want to convert to a custom OS.
    2 - Your Email address.
    3 - No COS feature requests, they are what they are, no more feature creep!

Cheers,
    Ross
    Last edited by GMPX; November 15th, 2009 at 04:51 PM.
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

will people have access to the already developed E38/67 COS?
    It's all good until it goes "Bang"

No, they are retired with no support for them. They never made it out of Beta.
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

An E85/Flex Fuel COS for the E38's & E67's but not for the LS1?
    512k RoadRunner Firmware 12.14R
    FlashScan V2 Bootblock V2.07.04 Firmware V2.07.22 EFILive V7.5.7 (Build 191) V8.2.1 (Build 181)
    LC-1 WBO2

Quote Originally Posted by mr.prick View Post
    An E85/Flex Fuel COS for the E38's & E67's but not for the LS1?
    Thank GM, the E38/E67 was Flex Fuel capable from day one, we are just manipulating what is already there to work with us, the LS1 (F&Y specific) never had one line of code to handle E85, big difference.

Hmmmmmm

I so liked the Valet mode in the original E38 COS. I'll be using it again tomorrow when the car goes in for a serivce. I do understand the work load though. For those of us that have the COS running, will we loose access to this altogether or will it continue to work with no support ?

Oh, and I'd love to try the new stuff, but only have a 2006 OS.

Simon

Keep your .calz files to match that OS Simon, they are wiped off my main system here. It will continue to work fine, but if you ever loose the data I can't help you out.

I guessed as much. I have multiple copies now Thanks.

Lifetime Member

Hmmm, Simon if you get a chance could you email me your E38 .calz file? Just to hang onto for now, dont even have an E38 to play with. Email address is in my profile and its [my screen name] AT comcast.net

Getting ready for the COS for my TBSS though, should be interesting but not sure what Im going to do with it yet...hmmm.
    ~Erik~
    2013 Sonic RS Manual - 1.4L I4T E78, tuned, turbo mods, etc.
    2008 TrailBlazer SS 3SS AWD Summit White - LS2 E67/T42, bolt ons, suspension, etc.
    2002 Chevy TrailBlazer LT 4X4 Summit White - 4.2L I6 P10, lifted, wheels, etc.

PM sent Ross...
    2008 2WD Ext.Cab Silverado 1500 6.0 V-MAX E38(L76) & T42(4L70E) MAF Only CL Corvette Servo AFE CAI INNOVATIVE LM-2 WBO2

FLASHSCAN V2 & AUTOCAL

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast