Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Question on a LBZ fuel rail pressure?

Default Question on a LBZ fuel rail pressure?

With a stock cp3 and a ad150 lift pump what psi should i be seeing?
    06 LBZ CCSB
    A few bolt on's!

Personally I don't have a lift pump on my truck...yet... but I would think that the numbers would be somewhere close to what the table shows they should be because of the following...

The truck will regulate pulse and pressure to achieve the desired amount of power so if the lift pump is supplying too much pressure at a particular point then I believe the ECM will command a reduction of pressure from the CP3 or a narrow pulse width to avoid spraying too much fuel.

The lift pump keeps the CP3 from having to work so hard at keeping up with large pulses and to prevent an under pressure condition when you open the pulse up and don't have enough pressure from the CP3 itself. However, i've been able to command a pretty large amount of fuel and still maintain 23-24,000 PSI with just my stock CP3 set up to 180-190mpa, although with a lift pump I probably wouldn't have to set it quite so high to achieve the pressure.

Peace Through Torque

Punisher Performance DSP5 Tuning, PPE Dual CP3's, 68mm Fleece Cheetah, Punisher Built trans w/ Suncoast Parts, Airdog 165, SoCal 100% Overs, ARP Studs

2013 NHRDA Sportsman World Champion

www.PunisherPerformance.com

Lifetime Member

with a 150 lift pump your should be able to hold 26-27k psi with a 500 -550 hp tune EASILY
    '07 TBSS, LS2, T42, 3SS, Black on Black on Black, Pretty much stock at the moment. EFILive will fix that

'06 LBZ/Allison 6speed, EC, LB, 1LT, Leather
    Current Mods: EFI Live/ PTO High Idle Mod/ Factory Exhaust Brake / BD Full Bore/ TransGo Jr./ TTS Twin Lift Pumps/ MBRP 4" turbo back/ Custom air box mod/ BullyDog Outlook Monitor

465hp/1008tq---7/25/09---Dyno Day Fast Specialties Tuning by ME

Ok so when loging 5 different runs my frp is 29007 and desired is 26107. Does this seem right?
    06 LBZ CCSB
    A few bolt on's!

Lifetime Member

Might have too much supply pressure. the lift pump really should put out, or should be regulated to ~15 psi
    '07 TBSS, LS2, T42, 3SS, Black on Black on Black, Pretty much stock at the moment. EFILive will fix that

Current Mods: EFI Live/ PTO High Idle Mod/ Factory Exhaust Brake / BD Full Bore/ TransGo Jr./ TTS Twin Lift Pumps/ MBRP 4" turbo back/ Custom air box mod/ BullyDog Outlook Monitor

The ad150 is not ajustable. Is this bad(for my truck)? With my 530rwhp I burp black smoke at take off but runs with no smoke at WOT all down the track.
    06 LBZ CCSB
    A few bolt on's!

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tarkstoys View Post
    The ad150 is not ajustable. Is this bad(for my truck)? With my 530rwhp I burp black smoke at take off but runs with no smoke at WOT all down the track.
    Well depending on how much it does run it can be bad. pretty much all big tunes burp at the line.

Ok my next question for you is what to do now? I guess run a turn off switch to the AD!
    06 LBZ CCSB
    A few bolt on's!

Lifetime Member

Well i would say get a fuel pressure gauge and see what it's running.

On a side note, does this much psi allow me to turn up the pulse for more HP? Would I increase pulse and timing? New to the game.
    06 LBZ CCSB
    A few bolt on's!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast