Thread: New GT4094 Turbo

Default New GT4094 Turbo

Help! How do I get EFILive to tell my ECM to stop looking for a VVT?

It's locked in limp mode and keeps throwing P2564 since the ECM is looking for the variable vane turbo that is no longer there. I bought EFILive just to get rid of this issue - but I can't figure out how...

Thanks in advance!
    2006 GMC Crew Cab Dually 4X4 LBZ
    All Seasons PCV mod, MBRP dual 4" exhaust, Finger, AFE Stage II Intake, FASS, Suncoast Transmission, FS2500, BFG All Terrain TA 235/85/16, BD Blow Off Valve, GT-4094 Turbo

Go to: Engine Diagnostics, then DTC Enables and set everything having to do with VVT to "not reported".

Quote Originally Posted by ILVSMOG View Post
    Go to: Engine Diagnostics, then DTC Enables and set everything having to do with VVT to "not reported".
    Thanks! That worked!
    All Seasons PCV mod, MBRP dual 4" exhaust, Finger, AFE Stage II Intake, FASS, Suncoast Transmission, FS2500, BFG All Terrain TA 235/85/16, BD Blow Off Valve, GT-4094 Turbo

Right on, enjoy! I've got a 4088r on my '07 dually, that '94 must be a monster! How does it do towing??

BTW: just noticed in your sig that you have Finger Stick. When you get a chance, remove it and just turn off the EGR with EFI. The Finger Stick (allegedly) goofs with the MAF signal, and you don't need it now with EFI!

Quote Originally Posted by ILVSMOG View Post
    Right on, enjoy! I've got a 4088r on my '07 dually, that '94 must be a monster! How does it do towing??
    It does quite well... I have a PPE Hot+2 on level 5 when I tow (I got the EFILive to get rid of the VVT codes - but I'm scared to screw with it for tuning: too complicated for me...) and she pulls pretty well... It has a little more lag down low - but once she's spooled it's pretty horny...

Good to know on the finger - I'll yank it out...

Not to interfere, but if you ever get some spare time and decide you want to sit down with EFI live and get to know it better, the guys on here can get you pointed in the right direction. I'd say you might be a little happier with a DSP 5 position switch and a set of custom EFI tunes
    Peace Through Torque

Punisher Performance DSP5 Tuning, PPE Dual CP3's, 68mm Fleece Cheetah, Punisher Built trans w/ Suncoast Parts, Airdog 165, SoCal 100% Overs, ARP Studs

2013 NHRDA Sportsman World Champion

www.PunisherPerformance.com