Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: E38 / E67 Custom OS Beta release

Quote Originally Posted by gmh308 View Post
    Details on installation here:

http://forum.efilive.com/showpost.ph...8&postcount=15

Plus download the tutorial that appears in an earlier post in this thread. All details in there. Not difficult at all.

On terminals, where are you?

No gas. No FI. 08 Corvette powertrain.

Have used the COS to switch E85 in and out, plus select a different timing map and/or different fueling. So yes good for running some gas or FI.

Cheers.
    I am in California. Do you have some terminals you could send me? Car is getting the engine installed this week along with the nitrous.

Where in Cali are you? I'm on the California/Arizona border, i'll give you some E38 terminals for free... Got a bunch left over from building 2 harness's.
    PM me....
    2008 2WD Ext.Cab Silverado 1500 6.0 V-MAX E38(L76) & T42(4L70E) MAF Only CL Corvette Servo AFE CAI INNOVATIVE LM-2 WBO2

FLASHSCAN V2 & AUTOCAL

Lifetime Member

All set ^^^^^^^^

Quote Originally Posted by GMPX View Post
    Can't think what you may have missed, but I know the PE switch over is working ok because these were tested on some LPG systems down here in Vic with different PE values in mind.

Cheers,
    Ross
    Well after 4 hours and a bottle of NOS i can safetly say it doesnt work for me. Pulls spark in the Ethanol tables, Shows 85.1% in the E85R PID and wont flick over to the Ethanol PE Table.

Ive got the Stoich table set to 14.67 across the board. When it was set default, triggering the pin would make stoich at idle into the 9s (or what ever the 85% stoich was set to). I could change it this way but I should be able to set it to 14.67 and then just use the ethanol PE table.

COS 22633016

Cheers
    Jez

Can't you test without wasting the NOS? Like make it trigger without the NOS on?

As a test why not set B3618 to 12.5:1 then set B3670 to 11.0:1 and give it a blast with the switch on and off, at least you should clearly see which table is it using.
    B0145 plays an important role here as it blends the values of the two PE tables depending on the ethanol %, it must be set to 1.00 at the 80% cell.

Cheers,
    Ross
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Can't you test without wasting the NOS? Like make it trigger without the NOS on?

As a test why not set B3618 to 12.5:1 then set B3670 to 11.0:1 and give it a blast with the switch on and off, at least you should clearly see which table is it using.
    B0145 plays an important role here as it blends the values of the two PE tables depending on the ethanol %, it must be set to 1.00 at the 80% cell.

Cheers,
    Ross
    Nah i wasnt wasting the NOS :p I did it all in the main PE table (B3618). When triggered it wouldnt use B3670.

Now B0145. I havent set this to 1. I didnt see any mention of it. Ill give it a crack now.

Well, I've not seen B0145 set to anything but 1 at the 80% cell (except on the Northstar engine), this is why it's not mentioned in the tutorial, but, that doesn't mean someone didn't fiddle, or you have an odd one there with it zero'd from GM.

I'm not doubting you had issues, but how did you determine it wasn't using B3670? Did you try something similar to what I suggested?

Cheers,
    Ross
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Well, I've not seen B0145 set to anything but 1 at the 80% cell (except on the Northstar engine), this is why it's not mentioned in the tutorial, but, that doesn't mean someone didn't fiddle, or you have an odd one there with it zero'd from GM.

I'm not doubting you had issues, but how did you determine it wasn't using B3670? Did you try something similar to what I suggested?

Cheers,
    Ross
    I tried exactly how you suggested Ross. Because I had already set it up as you would do with this kind of setup. When there is no NOS you run NA fueling AFRs and when you run FI/NOS you would run a seperate richer AFRs.

Interesting. Checking my standard tune it is how you say it should be but the tune I had setup for the COS it was blank. Anyway, i will change it back to the standard values. No doubt this will fix it.

Jez
    Last edited by JezzaB; January 27th, 2010 at 03:52 PM.

Jezza, hopefully there is no more blank Ethanol tables in there, it seems the Northstar cal team had zero interest in ethanol, from memory that is the only factory cal series that to this day has the ethanol tables blank, all others seem to be set to go.

Cheers,
    Ross

I finally got around to doing the wiring and wanted to confirm that Pin #5 was the correct one as the J1 connector pictured does not look the same as the one in the 2010 Camaro we are working on.

Also, the car has been getting tuned via HP Tuners and EFI Live both. Once I swap to the COS would I still be able to make changes via HPT?

Thanks, again to GAMEOVER for sending me the terminals needed to get this project done.

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast